About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

MY SEWING ROOM, DAY TWO (still Day One, really!)

 

My DH sent me this funny.....😆😇😉😊

I know it is Day Two of the Declutter Challenge----
but I am still in the throes of Day One...

And, will be for a while....
If anything....
My cutting table looks WORSE...

but some things have been culled out
and are now in little boxes...
*************************************
Here are photos of my room as it stands now:
There IS a cutting table under all that!!!!

And.....
The Monster in the Room below
👀👀👀👀
👿👽👺👹

Le Fabrique Closet!!!!

This needs a lot of work...
Ya Think????

and

That upper shelf houses--
who knows what????
👻💀👮👤👤👤👤
That is one of the "mystery corners"
;000000

B U T, B U T,....
fear not intrepid followers:;))))

But I leave you with a
Spic-and-Span
sewing machine and area
to actually sew on...
Y A Y!!!!
 
I love it...💙💚💛💜💝

And so, mes amies,

I am off to do my 1st 15 minute stint
[ummm after my coffee of course]
And I am keepin' on...
keepin' on...
⇩⇩⇩⇩

"...Rollin, rollin, rollin,
keep those dogies rollin'..."

Hugs to you all,
especially if you made 
it this far...;)))
Julierose,
La Blageuse
("Still-crazy-after-all-these-years"-euse)
[About sewing that is...haha]




 







11 comments:

  1. "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date--
    No time to say hello, goodbye,
    I'm Late, I'm, late, I'm late!!"

    [Apologies to Lewis Carroll and Alice ;))))]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I keep saying..but I don't believe in decluttering, destashing. 1-I always regret what I get rid of. 2-Put in neat boxes means LOST for my use. 3-It's depressing.

    That said, your sewing area looks fabulous, pristine showroom tidy! Good work!

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think of all those treasures you will rediscover as you declutter and make everything orderly. =) Your Spic-and-Span sewing area looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remodeled my whole sewing room almost 2 years ago. It's easier to keep it neat than having to decide what to keep or throw away. I see you're making progress and that's all that counts! Do it when you can. (Or feel like it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hardest part of decluttering for me is that I keep finding treasures and getting distracted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just think - after you're done with this process you can look back on these pictures and feel pretty darned proud of yourself. I can't say my sewing room looks bad on the surface but it's what lurks in containers and drawers that has me worried.
    (ps. love the cartoons!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems it always look worse before you get done. All of the sorting has to find a place to live but you can't move it there until you are done. Your sewing machine area looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year!

    Your sewing area looks lovely. I won't be showing anyone mine at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, there is always that moment when things look worse and I ask, 'Why did I ever start this?" But it does get better as yours is showing. Best part of Day 2 was to clean the machine and change the needle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't home when Karen started this year's declutter project, but I did watch the 1st two videos. Then I lost a day to the trip home and came down with a cold two days before leaving Houston, so I've been in recovery mode ever since. I'm hoping to start in soon, but doubt I'll ever catch up. Any progress is good, though, right?
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.