Since I find myself at
6's &7's --
{??????}
about what --
or how--
to begin
sewing
..............
↯↯↯↯
I thought I would Join In on the
Youtube's--
"Just Get It Done"
Declutter Challenge...
So, today we set our timers for 15 minutes
and will begin taking any extraneous
items out of the sewing room...
Tom slept in this morning so, I
actually went to YouTube and
unsubscribed
to any videos that I don't
usually watch...
that is my first "Decluttering"
Next i will go into
my room, trash bag in hand
and
make a
Start....
*******************************
We were kept awake long
after midnight by local
fireworks....and--
once i had passed by my
normal bedtime hour,
I found myself wide awake
until 2 a.m.
👀👀👀👀
All in all my first 2024 night
was spent tossing and
turning pretty much...
S I G H................
Tom has volunteered to make his
Swedish Meatballs
for our meal today, so
i won't have to be cooking
or doing any prep work...
that is a good thing..
:)))))))))))))
*******************************
H A P P Y
N E W Y E A R
to you all
and
to those
you hold
D E A R !
Hugs,
Julierose,
La blageuse
(yawning-already-euse)

Finished reading "Tom Lake" and thought the writing was great, but I was not enchanted...
ReplyDeleteTried to begin Jodi Picoult's "Wish You Were Here"--
[but the letters from her doctor husband in the Covid ward I found still too difficult to read for pleasure.}
I just am not ready to go "back there" yet. ;0000
Decluttering... it never stops in the sewing room! Impressive goal. I like your determination of "with trash bag in hand." Good luck and Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteOh dear - you're an enabler! I am a sucker for reading anything to do with organization and decluttering, but do I practice any of it? Not so much. I will try to resist checking out that challenge.
ReplyDeleteThere were a few fireworks just across the river but they were over before 10 (suspect it was a parent putting them off for kids who had to get to bed). We both saw the new year arrive in bed with our books.
Good for you for decluttering. I need to set my daughter loose and declutter my stuff.... but she would probably toss everything!
ReplyDeleteHope you get a nap in today. Swedish meatballs, yummy. I think I'll add that to the meals this week. Thanks!
I'm with you on the annoyance with all the fireworks all night yesterday. I'm visitng family in TX and man, do they like their (noisy) fireworks. I tried to do the declutter challenge last year, but missed about half the days. I won't be able to start until Friday when I get home from my travels, so who knows if I'll ever catch up.
ReplyDeleteI'll repeat my Happy New Year greeting from yesterday. Nice that Tom will cook dinner today.
Happy New Year to you and Tom! If there were fireworks in our neighborhood, I didn't hear them. We both conked out and slept all night (no interruptions, thankfully). S slept in, too. A good day so far! I have made the Hoppin' John this morning and we'll have it for supper along with ham.
ReplyDeleteDecluttering the sewing room....an immense job. It sounds though, you are up to a good start.
ReplyDeleteYour Covid comment about not wanting to go back there. . . I'm right there with you. A novel might be interesting to someone that didn't live through the pandemic. But, once through was enough for me. Sorry the fireworks kept you up past your bedtime. When I don't sleep, I just drag through the day. Enjoy your Swedish meatballs.
ReplyDeleteVery industrious! But I think Tom has the right ideas.
ReplyDeleteUnsubscribing from YouTube videos is a brilliant idea. Off to get that task completed
ReplyDeleteThis was the first year in many that no close neighbors shot off fireworks at midnight.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the decluttering. It is a never ending thing for us pilers.