I am pin basting my 3rd and final
Christmas Ojos tabletopper
this morning..
I've been saving this fabric for so long;
I decided that
a couple
of toile
Christmas birds
AND
Lovely tulips would be a pretty
border for this one...
Meanwhile I will be hand quilting
Christmas
Ojos Deux!!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I began hand quilting this scrappy
piece, but for some reason, all
those seam allowances I found
super hard to quilt through!
So, this one will be finished
by Helga...[my machine ;}}} ].
*****************************
are still waiting for border work...
I hope to find the perfect borders
today....
[hope springs eternal, right?]
****************************
I hope you are faring well--
it seems that our whole country is either
having a lot of
snow,
ice,
or rainy
Days..
Hugs for a super weekend,
Julierose
La Blageuse
(pinning-and-quilting-away]






Reading "One Step Behind" by Henning Mankell [A Kurt Wallander Mystery]
ReplyDelete[You knew I couldn't go very long without reading something!!:))))) ]
I am totally in love with that birdy toile fabric. So beautiful. All your blocks are wonderful, Julierose.
ReplyDeleteYou are always making something pretty! The Christmas quilt are so diverse and will be so pretty next holidays. I do love the girls' quilts too. Will you shop for border fab, or look in your fabulous stash?
ReplyDeleteIs the book a Swedish/ Scandi crime fic? Kindle sent me one unasked...I tried but it was written very oddly. Maybe a poor translation.
lizzy
I agree with Jocelyn. That toile bird fabric is fabulous. Are you keeping this one or is it a gift? I glad Helga can come to your rescue. Happy Quilting!
ReplyDeleteThe toile is so pretty and a perfect border fabric.
ReplyDeleteWonderful toiles like your bird fabric are so hard to find. A treasure for your Christmas runner. Happy quilting!
ReplyDeleteI love the bird toile and the girls HSTs all very nice
ReplyDeleteYou always have such fun projects on the go. I think a favourite would be the green scrappy piece. Green is growing on me (not that I ever disliked it).
ReplyDeleteJulierose I'm still in catch up mode and missed your last couple of posts, apologies. What a treasure of a fabric for the borders of Ojos, it really marries perfectly with the bright colours of the strips in your topper. Not often you see fabric like that these days.
ReplyDelete