About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, January 22, 2024

FIRST FINISH OF 2024, et al

 

My "Christmas Ojos No. 1" is 
done and dusted!!

I have two others in the wings as I want
them to be sprinkled on tables
at Christmas time...

Seems like a long time since I've had 
any kind of a  "finish";)))

Here is how the quilting looks on the back; 
I think it almost looks like
a subtle Shashiko-- a bit.

The binding fabric is left over from a project a made
a few years ago...it was all ready for me in
my "leftover binding" basket;))))
that was a treat to find! 

Below are a few close ups...

Here is one green/gold Ojos center
and

Here is the red/white Ojos

and below the 2nd green/gold with
the VERT LAST of that
lovely gold fabric print!


I am happy with how it came out.
:)))))

And
Here it will sit for viewing
on my Grand-mere's old wicker rocker...
in our living room...

*************************
Next up for hand quilting is 
this Green Scrappy table topper,,
:-)))

All layered up and pinned...
This one is a true "bits and bobs" leftover
crumb mini quilt....

It should be fun to hand quilt...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I am continuing on my Afghan journey-- 
the stripes are mounting up 
little by little....

I am still only doing one
row per day...

I am using up all of my variegated yarns;
isn't this pink just gorgeous?
↧↧↧↧
Especially next to that lovely 
deep, dark grape one>>>>

*****************************
We started out the day at 12 degrees 
but it is warming up pretty
well; noonish now--and 
 it is 30.9 degrees
I'll take that ;))))

hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(keeping-busy-euse)
















10 comments:

  1. Mostly doing crossword puzzling--"Collector's Crosswords"
    from Kappa publishing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your handquilting is always so textural and beautiful.

    Love the afghan, wish I knew how to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that pink yarn is indeed yummy! Your Christmas pretty is a lovely finish. You've got a great head start for Christmas. I'm in love with your Grand-mere's old wicker rocker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your Christmas Ojos turned out. Using light thread has made all the difference because the texture of the stitching is just fabulous to view. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! What a lovely idea, your Christmas OJO's are brilliant! I'm about to use some Christmas scraps to make some stockings hoping for something as lovely as this.
    Great work on the afghan too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty finish!
    Good for you for sticking to the one-row-a-day on your afghan. I know, if it were me, I'd be carrying on wondering what the next row (and the next) would look like and then wonder why my hands were in full revolt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The big stitch quilting is great for your ojos series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice it will be to pull out the "new" pieces at Christmas this year. I should take your lead and make a table runner out of those little 2" squares that I showed in early December and did nothing with. I think that will be one of my mindless sewing evenings when the regular TV shows come back on in mid February.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the first finish of the new year! You've been doing a lot! Love that pink in your afghan. I'm so glad it's getting warmer. It's been way too cold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice finish and cool projects as always. The rocker is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.