About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, September 6, 2024

LEGO/SLABS PROGRESS, et al

 

My Lego/Slabs sewed into 4 long strips....
They are 
just pinned up there
and not sewed
together as yet....
{also untrimmed}.

I have 5 more slabs, but feeling that
 if I add them across the bottom
it will be too big for me to
handle quilting on 
Helga....

I will be adding borders to make this
more of a rectangular shape-
which I prefer...;))))

I will next finalize the long strip order...
I can already see some 
repeated fabrics too close to
each other...
as below:
↓↓↓

I am naming this one 
"Willy-Nilly"
as some things are
upside down:
↧↧↧

Right side up
↶↶↶

and every which way, too. 

This will be "marinating on my wall for a bit...

*************************
Batting Book page edges
Will look like this when sewn closed:
⇊⇊⇊
Just a simple whipping stitch.

I have one more page to work on before
I can close the final two pages together...
I will be calling this one :
"Once in a Blue Moon",

then, I will have to figure out 
some kind
of a cover....
And I will be
thinking about 
a cover title for these pages....


**************************
Friday night Supper
is in the crock pot
Beef pot roast
with boiled potatoes,
gravy for DH and
squash for my side....
Y U M 
**************************

Tomorrow DH and I have scheduled
our Covid 19 shots at noon...

hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(pondering-and- stitching-euse)












12 comments:

  1. Reading:
    "The Perfect Couple"
    by Elin Hilderbrand

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Willy Nilly" as it is almost an I Spy quilt too. I have "The Perfect Couple" but I haven't read it yet. I picked it up at a used bookstore a while ago. Let me know what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Willy Nilly and that blue top of the pages looks like the eye on the book of spells from the Hocus Pocus Movies! =) don't worry, most things remind me of that movie this time of the year! Hope you feel ok after the covid shots tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I just love your Lego quilt!!! Awesome use of scraps...so pretty. Dinner sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Lego/slabs! If you do straight line quilting top to bottom it shouldn't be too much to manage if you add the other blocks to the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Willy Nilly is looking fabulous, Julierose. May I ask did you have a certain length for the strips or piece the strips "willy nilly " and then cut the strips to the size of the block. I just love this quilt. Oooh your batting back is looking awesome as well. I can not wait to see the next page. Mmm pot roast . Mom used to prepare it all the time. Eat a bite for me. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Willy Nilly - perfect name, I love how your Lego/Slabs has grown and it looks so good all strips vertical. Have fun with your Covid shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how we worry about same-fabric adjacency! I've concluded that if it will be easy to swap out then do it, but if it's not (=I discover the adjacency in the center of a completely-assembled flimsy) I won't. What kind of squash, and how did you cook it? BTW, there's a new movie based on an Elin Hilderbrand book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great projects! I love how you're using up all your scraps. I have way too many scraps but they never seem to diminish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go ahead and add those remaining slab blocks and do organic straight (ish) line quilting - you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really liking how your Willy Nilly is looking and don't worry about some bits being 'downside up' because they're rightside up when you're looking at it from a different direction! Clever you to make it multi-directional.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Willy Nilly is looking good, love the organic nature of it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.