I have begun making 6" square little
woven blocks....
Each block will be one colorway....
and will be backed
with a very lightweight fabric
with simple running stitches to hold it
all together...
I took an online class with
Jude Hill years ago
and made a bed sized quilt using
this method --
[albeit with bigger squares....].
I also saw "K3N's Cloth Tales"
recent Youtube video
where she made a block like this
for her Week 39 prompt
in her fabric Journal...
AND....
also my little basket
holds
these little cuties:
I have some leftover
Kaffee Fassett
Charm squares and
I am making little
puffy reversible squares,
{"Little Puffers"}
They are simply whipped stitched
together --
back to back--
with leftover batting scraps
inside...
Then I sew a few holding
stitches on them...
As you can see above using
that red perle cotton thread...
I like to have a variety of hand
projects to switch back
and forth as I watch tv....
:)))))
****************************
AND....
I received this beautiful book today
in the mail
from Tom as part of my
Anniversary present:
I can't wait to read it all.....
I also await the 2nd part of this gift
to come which is:
A tin of DMC Mouline Special
embroidery flosses ....
He really knows what I like
💓💃💖
*********************
I have decided to make my "Willy Nilly"
flimsy into a Christmas tablecloth;
flannel lined and paired with
backing fabrics from my
old Christmas stash...
I am hoping to deplete that stash a lot....
I may use my machine tying at
block intersections to
tie it all together...
we shall see....
***********************
So, this is part of my fabric
ongoing WIPS
right now...
I hope you are enjoying this
Autumnal weather
Hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(hand-stitching-euse)




Reading "Journal With thread"
ReplyDeleteand
"All the Colors of Darkness"
by Peter Robinson
Oooh lots of fun happening are taking place in your sewing room. I am fascinated with the woven blocks. They look like a very relaxing project to work on . The purples and soft pinks are so pretty . And I just adore your Little Puffers. The red perle cotton adds a punch to the bright playful colors of the Kaffee fabrics . Perfection! I can not wait to see Wily Nilly all ready for the Christmas season. Have a very lovely day, Julierose. And Happy quilting. Hugs
ReplyDeleteThose little puffers are a fun little project. So colorful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful book, I'm going to go look it up.
That looks like a great book! Love your Little Puffers! Nice use of those scraps. Kaffe Fassett fabrics are so nice.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous book, such a nice gift. It is warming up nicely here for Spring.
ReplyDeleteSooo many wonderful projects in the works, Julierose. A Christmas Willy Nilly is something I look forward to.
ReplyDeleteI can't decide if I like your little puffers or your mini woven block most! I haven't done any fabric woven blocks like that for ages - so a good memory jog for me, as well as yours being so lovely that it's good to have something like that to aspire to!
ReplyDeleteSuch thoughtful anniversary gifts! Always good to have a variety of projects at hand.
ReplyDeleteFun projects in your little basket. And how lucky you are to have a husband who 'gets you' and chooses gifts he knows you will like.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary to both you and your beloved, whenever the day is or was.
Oh my goodness I just love your woven cloth. I always wanted to try that but never have. I came across Jude Hill's Spirit Cloth site back when I did a lot of crazy quilting and just love her work. And now I love yours! I've made hearts similar to your puffers and called them pocket hugs or pocket prayers. I used to have a fancy bowl of them and let kids who visited pick one out to take with them if they wanted. And wow! your hubby sure knows how to pick gifts!!
ReplyDeleteQuite a few projects going on at your place, and a good idea to use up the KF charm squares, they're always a good idea.
ReplyDeleteLucky you with such a lovely book for your Anniversary gift, just perfect.