About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, September 20, 2024

TWO STARTS.....et al

 

I began hand quilting this morning--

"It's A Jungle Out There" 
table runner....

The squares are made from
leftover jelly roll strips;
and the backing:

is a  fun Laurel Burch fabric......
[the fabric is much 
more vivid than this photo!!]

This photo shows the LB fabric 
across the top in truer colors.......

I am using this lovely thread
and a Milliner's needle 
[my hands can no longer grasp
small quilting needles]
to hand quilt...
⇓⇓⇓
Such a luscious color that goes well
with both sides....

**************************
And...

TA-DAH....

I began my next little scroll--
I am calling it 
"Summer Memories"

Using up those little cut-offs of favorite 
blue and green fabrics that remind
me of Summertime....

Here is the start already
basted down....
 
The backing is a long piece
of old linen which needles
so beautifully...;)))

followed by this section and
this one
↡↡↡
The rest of the length is pinned in place
out of the way while I baste
it all down before adding my
enhancements
;)))

I've rolled up and pinned out of the way
the rest for ease of working...

All just scrappy pieces that 
I could not bear to
throw away
😉😍

This project is just my fun, 
relaxing, 
"in my lap project"...;))))

So far, I have made four
little bobbin scrolls....
{shown below}

I have them displayed on my 
buffet atop my cherished 
Grand-mere's 
hand crocheted doily....
:))))

***********************
Tonight will be an easy supper:

BBQ'd cheese burgers,
with Master Grill Chef,
 Tom, doing his magic ----
and
I have prepared us a 
German Potato Salad
for the simple side dish...
Y U M !!👌😀
**************************
This afternoon we will be watching
F1 {Formula One car racing),
Practices One and Two...
🏯🚩🚔
From 
Singapore...

hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(still-sewing-after-all-these-years-euse)

P.S.I am also still trying to 
re-organize my space
a little at a time 
as my back allows...
:))))





















10 comments:

  1. Walking 25 minutes a day now...sometimes up to 30;)))) YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun projects. I love those bobbin spools. Enjoy the practice sessions. It's race weekend, you know where I'll be Sunday! Have a great weekend (go Norris!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when the backing fabric holds as much interest or charm as the quilt front, it's like having two quilts in one. And there are so many wild and colorful backings out there now. All that to say I really love your Laurel Burch fabric on the back of this sweet project, and the purple thread is luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hand stitching is very relaxing, that's such a lovely colour of thread you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, you always pick such great projects. I really love that purple thread. It's such a great color. It's so cool today. I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The purple thread is very yummy as is your fabrics. I always loved the colors of LB's fabrics- so rich and pretty. It is so exciting to see your new scroll- such cool relaxing colors. I finished the handstitching on my scroll , but I want to eventually add some bits of lace to mine. I will have to show it in an upcoming post. Thank you so much for the sweet inspiration, Julierose. Enjoy all of your handstitching. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bobbin rolls are so cute!!! Everytime I see your handwork on items like this I feel the urge to try one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurel Burch designs are wonderful and filled with joy. I have recently discovered Lizbeth threads and I love them. Hope to add more to my stash at some point.
    Of course I love your little scrolls which also serve as a bit of a history of your stitching with all the little bits of fabrics from previous projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, my friend, you've inspired me to try hand quilting. You know how I love seeing your stitches. Recently, I found a quilting hoop on a stand on Facebook Marketplace for a really good price. As soon as my finger feels better, I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.