Here's my little sketch for the last BB page....
just a random rendering of the spark of an idea...
↨↨↨↨↨
This , once I looked through my fabrics,
ended up turning into this:
fabric work for me...
And
to keep it simple....
Naan {click to visit}
gifted me the background batik
and the metallic braid
that turned out to be just
perfect for my vision...
(Merci, mon amie)
Now my BB is finished:
AND...
Here is the simple wraparound
cover I made with the
"Moons" theme:
Two leftover layer cake blocks with
this fabric as the lining...
↓↓↓
add anything--
the fabric themselves explain what you
will find inside...
Here is the
["Chunky Monkey" ]
"Many Moons" BB
in its final state:
Here it is closed and covered....
I used a simple
3-hole pamphlet stitch
to attach the cover...
And I will use this as the tie
↡↡↡↡
this was such a fun and absorbing project
for me...
***********************
Now, on with the "Willy- Nilly"
lego/slab project...
Here are the final two sides to be
sewn together--
42" x 52" {+/-}
unfinished...
I am planning on delving into my
leftover layer cake stash and
using those blocks for the backing...
*************************
Another gorgeous day has dawned
here so we had our coffee
out on the deck:
My hydrangea has finally deigned to bloom for me;
I am sitting and sipping my frother coffee,
watching the big flowerheads
nod in the cool breezes....
What a great way to start the day....
hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse
(relaxing-euse)








Relaxing......
ReplyDeleteLovely blossoms, I don't blame your for just wanting to watch them.
ReplyDeleteYou had some great fabrics for the cover.
ReplyDeleteYour hydrangeas are so pretty.
I love the fabrics you're using for your book. They're so pretty and work so well together. I can't wait to see your Lego quilt top all together. I looks great in the picture. This weather is wonderful! I hope it lasts!!
ReplyDeleteThe celestial inspired batting book is so unusual and imaginative. You have such an amazing stash of fabrics and created this magical result.
ReplyDeleteWilly Nilly is fascinating, Big project for shoulders and hands, but wonderful.
Those hydrangeas! It's kind of great that they bloom late when everything is now faded and dry.
lizzy
Sitting on the deck, enjoying coffee and admiring those big blooms sounds like a perfect start to the day. "Once in a Blue Moon " is beautiful. Love those twinkling stars . The cover fabric is perfect. Will you begin another fabric journal in the near future? This one has been a joy to watch you create. Aaah Legos looks amazing as well. A pieced backing will be so nice. Enjoy your day, Julierose. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your Moons BB - beautiful fabric with cranes and the moon.Not long now before Willy-Nilly is a fully sewn up top and then on to quilting! Will this be by hand or machine Julierose?
ReplyDeleteWell done with your book! You chose the perfect fabrics for the cover.
ReplyDeleteI must say I'm very glad you decided to not add sashing to the lego project because I'm loving how it looks.
You are doing so well with your pages. The lego top is coming along, too. It is so amazing how your hydrangeas look now, much like mine did a few months ago. Mine are now turning dark. I have one that is losing it's leaves...maybe it is not well?
ReplyDelete