About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, January 4, 2025

SEED CATALOGUE PROMPTS--Week One

 

Remember this?

I cut down an old seed catalogue
into a tall traveler's size notebook for
the "#hillsideheartprompts"
hosted by 
"Caroline on the Hillside"
on youtube.  

She will be setting us
two prompts per week during
2025...
So, 52 pages....
of total fun and
joy in creating....

The first  prompts 
for this week
were:
"Sassy" 
and 
"Luminous"

Here is my 
finished page...
↧↧↧↧
I felt this girl (culled from
an Elle magazine) was
certainly "Sassy" looking in
that outfit...πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ˜‚
{click}

I just πŸ’–using 
magazine images 
in my journals...
so they are part 
gluebook and
part collage...

[She is gazing at the
luminous sky and the 
newly risen moon...
perhaps dreaming of her 
lost love,,,,,]

I used gesso to push back the images
a bit and make them seem more
luminous along with silver Stickles. 
The moon is cut from an old book
page surrounded by torn tea
bag paper...
and
a bit of outline with
my new black "glaze" pen 
smudged its rim...
The roses are on a netting which
matches the netting she is
wearing...

Thank you so much Caroline for hosting
these weekly prompts...
πŸ’“
hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(crafting-with-joy-euse)




9 comments:

  1. Reading: a new series for me:
    "The Shell House Detectives" by Emylia Hall
    I am going to begin it this afternoon and will let you
    know my thoughts....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to embiggen the picture so I could see some more of the details and love the rather judicious placement of the nettting to blur her cleavage a bit. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always do such a great job with these projects. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is one fun journal page! I look forward to seeing the pages as you work on them this year, Julierose. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly are fabulous with the collages you imagine. This is going to be a fun year-long project

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun page Julie, and how great to have a plan for the year's creative practice. Happy new creative year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Shell House Detectives series, tho it is only maybe 4 books so far? [in a light entertainment sort of way] I kept meaning to suggest it to you. The writing improves as the series goes on, the characters are very charming. I love imagining the protagonist's collages made of sea plastic.

    Your collages are delightful. I never do them but I love prompyts from my writing group days. You're so craetive, lovely vision and making.

    Snow overnight? Be careful if you head out r=early.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, one of your best!! I love the slim line look and the prompts are fun. Beautifully done and I look forward to more pages in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice and creative pages with this week's prompts. The size and shape of this journal is very different than your others.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.