About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, January 22, 2025

TAH--DAH, et al

 

All Done 
πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘‹πŸ˜Š

I'm letting it sit out there for a few days...
before I begin the next one that 
I received for Christmas..

**********************
On the Amaryllis front:
My new one has
still not opened up:

It's been on the verge for a good
week now...
Waiting, waiting...

and

The rescued one is growing
but.....
see for yourself...
↓↓↓↓↓
V E R Y  S L O W L Y 
It looks like it's a
huge effort--
and perhaps it is....
;(((((

Meanwhile my Cacti have 
begun to bloom:
↶↶↶↶↷↷↷↷
A Lovely pink lined one

and
 
this pure white with a hint of pink inside and at the tip...

and

what looks like it may be peach with hints of pink, too...

*******************

Keeping myself busy, I put down the base layers
for two more pages in my Junque Journal;
went food shopping, and made a new-to-me
stove top recipe for beef and noodles,
[I will report on how we liked it or not],
and pinned my now complete 9-patch
to its backing cloth...

I hope to be able to invisible baste it
to its backing tomorrow...

I hope you are all doing okay
these difficult days...

hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(sometimes-we-just-need-quiet-euse)











10 comments:

  1. Haiku from "A Net of Fireflies" [verses and translation by Harold Stewart]
    "The three Loveliest Things"
    I have seen moon and blossoms; now I go
    To view the last and loveliest: the snow.
    --Rippo (his death poem)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the puzzle, Julierose. It is a pretty one. Your indoor plants are doing well. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the beef and noodle recipe. We are stuck in a rut of having the same thing over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on finishing your puzzle. 'You're a better man than I, Gunga Din'. =) I'd leave it out for a bit too; it's a pretty picture. How lovely your flowers are beginning to flower. They will add a smile to your day. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty flowers. My late mom always had cacti and they always gave flowers. Hope the rescued amaryllis shows off its beauty too.
    Beautiful seaside scenery puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty puzzle and perfect for working on in the cold weather.
    I so envy you getting cactus to bloom - my poor plant is surviving (a wonder, because I have killed every other one I've had) but not showing the least inclination to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blooms really brighten a winter day. I'm surprised none of my cacti have any buds. There is usually a second round of blooming by now. The Amaryllis my Sister-in-law sent to me was a disappointment with 2 blooms and a bud that shriveled up. I haven't give up on it, even though it was now sending up only leaves, and then I think I see another bud stalk starting on it today. It was such a pretty color so I hope it blooms again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are very clever, I'm no good with jig saws at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to see your indoor plants doing so well. My Christmas cactus has 2 buds but they haven't opened up yet. I try not watching TV but I end up watching and getting mad/scared. I'm torturing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't give up on your reluctant Amaryllis. If it gets some leaves eventually, you can give it some tender loving care throughout the summer. Repot in fresh potting mix and give it some diluted liquid plant food regularly. This will let the bulb replenish itself, and hopefully produce blooms next year. And if that's too much trouble, then toss it and start with a fresh bulb next winter. And have patience with the other one. It sometimes takes a while for the bud to open. It looks healthy.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. The closeup photos of your cacti and amaryllis are wonderful! And hooray for a finished puzzle.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.