I just couldn't resist grabbing this "Daily Deal" from the Missouri Star Quilting Co.'s newsletter--Cabbages and Roses by Moda:
I subscribe to their drool-fest--Yup: they have a deal online each morning. Talk about your temptation! This is a pre-cut Layer Cake (10' x 10" squares) --Yum-- the most lovely widely scattered prints. I have trouble locating prints with a lot of white background and grab them when I can. ( I am trying very hard to put myself on a fabric diet--begone temptation, begone all you new fabrics out there calling my name..... Ha! See how that's working for me?)
Also--more true confessions: ordered Kona Pepper after seeing OhFransson 's new "Aliens" quilt--soooo cute and has those lovely little squares I love doing, too....I have very few solids in my stash--so I really really HAD to...uh huh....
And so, you might well inquire--"And what do you plan to make with this, Julierose?" Hmmmm. well for now, I am just looking and feeling....I am definitely a fabric-floozy!!
And now for a : TA-DA Moment:
Here is the just-about finished "A-Tisket, A-Tasket Basket" wall hanging--I just have to hand- stitch the binding to the reverse side--and voila--done!! And, phew--in time for the Holiday Fund raiser at my Mom's Nursing Home....for the Arts and Crafts Dept, too.
(By the way: Does anyone else hate to machine sew their binding on? The quilt, slithers and slides and catches, and is just generally a pain in the butt!! I throw it over my shoulder, grab it as it falls off the table.... Whoa, there quilty--
This is my least favorite part of the process. I always also end up forgetting to check to see if the bobbin will run out--and it inevitably seems to....quel horreur!! Aaaaargh....)
(Thanks to Timothy O'Houlihan [aka hubbykins]--hahaha--for holding it up for me!!)
Well, enough moaning for one day, huh? See ya Julierose, La Blageuse Heurese.....
Love the fabric you bought! I can see how it's hard to resist! I love Moda. Your basket quilt is gorgeous. I hope to make a basket quilt someday. Another project to add to my list! I just love your choice of colors. So glad you understand how I feel about projects and wanting to do too much. Holidays just make it harder. Don't tell anyone, but I just bought more yarn to knit myself a pair of slippers! Addiction!!
ReplyDeleteThe toile background is something that I like. Gives such a feminine look to a quilt.
ReplyDeleteLovely quilt! I know what you mean about sewing on bindings - ARGH!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment!
Happy TG!
"drool fest". What a great term! I machine stitch binding to right side and hand sew the other. Is that what you do? Part of why i like small quilts is not having to manage all that fabric on the sewing table. Happy thanksgiving.
ReplyDelete