About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ack--organizational (???) Edition

QUESTION:  Have you been here????


Well, I really just moved one little thing around in my sewing room--AND  within about ten minutes I had a whole lotta "stuff--scrapbooking, bookbinding, old yarn balls and books, books & mags galore" on every available surface AND the floor.   Not to mention the stash which still didn't get re-organized. 



 
Now, why did I do this --I am in the midst of finishing up the twins' lap quilts  but: after all....who can figure  it out:  the enigma of being a quilter??? Perhaps this book

 which I just got in the mail and read last night edged into my "pea brain" overnight and made me shashay in there and begin....I know what my New Year's Resolution is going to be for sure....get some kind of "fabric order"--so I can FIND THINGS!!!!!
YIKEERS!!!


YA THINK???????



This is what it looks like now--STILL a glop of fabric in various crates, bins, under-the-bed storage units...and so A-C-K!! 

At any rate--here are the two quilts (blue sewn together) and red on the quilt wall...






I am happy how they are turning out--n-o-w--how to set them off into lap quilts.....


Well, I did re-organize my scanty thread stash into this little handy rolling cart--I guess that's a start???




And so, mes amies, my little buddy "Bebe" bear  waves adieu for today...Julierose, La Blageuse

3 comments:

  1. I sometimes get very inspired by cleaning up my sewing room. I find things I lost (; and just really like working in a clean space.
    Your quilts look great almost finished is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun time was had in the sewing room. I did a major clean-up in mine recently and I am amazed that it is still fairly neat. I am trying to put things away after the project is done. And not start another while that one is out. Hard for me to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some how it always seems that the "organization" has to at least get started in the midst of a project. By the way, your space looks much better than mine at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.