About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, December 30, 2011

No Pix-- Danger! Danger! Will Robinson:--V-E-N-T-I-N-G Post

Hi All:  I hated machine quilting!!  I don't like the look of the stitches; my neck and hands hurt and I got puckers!  I WILL post a pix when quilt is bound. (At least my twin grandsons will still like it 'cause Grand'mere made it for them..).  I am really grumpy (duh!!) as I love the pattern.

 I think I really prefer tying; or hand quilting even though it takes a LONG TIME--but then you get to "know" your quilt really well and lotsa stuff can be quilted out ( as my Grand'mere used to say; don't worry, don't hurry, just do it!!)  I will show you my mess after I go take a REALLY, REALLY  long walk...(S -I-G- H) and stare at the ocean for a while.....it's hard realizing that you just cannot do EVERYTHING you want to do well.....a little humility needed here.
.I have to re-think what I want to do.....for this next year. Also, I have another one to do yet.....

Julierose the (thou shalt not whine) Blageuse... 

2 comments:

  1. It's always hard at first. By the time you finish the second one you will see a lot of improvement. And, as you get more practice you will relax more while quilting and you won't hurt so much. Remember to breathe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hand quilting but I also think it takes a long time. I'm going to try the Free Motion Challenge for 2012. We will work on a new pattern each month. I'm hoping this will give me more options for quilting. Would you be interested?? I feel it's a good way to learn something new.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.