About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday "Blues-ey" , et al

Well, Blues-ey----Together--at last--

It's a little crooked (Babe's arms were gettin' tired--off-dah!!)

THERE--a little better...This is the first quilt I've attempted with SOOOOO many little pieces--AND--I know I turned some of the blocks the WRONG WAY (aaargh!!) BUT....since it's just for my little cover-up--I decided to leave them (actually I didn't even see it until I took these pix!!  LOL); it's supposed to be diamond shapes --oh well...c'est la vie. 

I have a question for you readers:  When you use templates (acrylic or other) do you personally trace around them and then cut with scissors or rotary cut?

 I got these templates from Katy at "I'm A Ginger Monkey" a few weeks ago as I L-O-V-E-D this pattern--hexagons, you say--no, really (duh!!  ROTFLOL):

AND I plan to hand-piece it--hubby thinks I've finally, irretrievably and utterly "Lost It" big time
 :--}} (he has a moustache--that's him guffawing away....)
 this is why he N E V E R enters my quilting space:
 and HE has NO idea just how much fabric is in there---but I digress...anyhooo...
.
Here's a pix of it "Spring Carnival":

Isn't it just yummy??? 

We are still awaiting that Nor'Easter that is supposed to bring us our much-needed rain. I keep humming..."Soon it's gonna rain, I can feeeel it, soon it's gonna rain, rain like h***"--uh, a few little lyric changes there...
Adieu mes amies--have a super Sunday--Julierose, La Blageuse

2 comments:

  1. Glad you now have rain. Your rain song must have worked. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that spring carnival pattern. Not sure how she intends you to use those templates. Do they include seam allowance for rotary cutting or no seam allowance for tracing?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.