About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

RSC13 YELLOW "SLABS'" THIS WEEK

SLABS FOR CALGARY, ALBERTA, CANADA

I made these two "slabs" for donation to the flood ravaged Southern Alberta, Canada  today.

Cheryl @ Dining room Empire has requested quilt bloggers to donate these for her sewers and longarm quilter to put together to donate to the needy up there.  



She will make quilts in the above style.  You can read all about it on her blog.....

Here are two closer shots of my "slabs"....


I figured this way, I'd be fulfilling my RSC13 June "yellow" work and helping out...maybe you'd like to help out, too, 

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse

8 comments:

  1. They look wonderful! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made me aware of this! I'm going to try to make a few blocks too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks and wonderful cause!
    Thank you for sharing this charity information.
    I'd like to make a couple of blocks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yellow blocks look beautiful. It's a wonderful idea to make quilts to helf other people.
    Have a nice day and take care
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those slabs really make up into a cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sending slabs. I have made two also. I know a few people very well that have had trouble, One senior in High River and she does not know yet about her house, left it with sewer backing up and no power. Another family friend had a house on the Bow river and it will have to be rebuilt totally. I am thinking about what finished quilts I have I could give. My family in Calgary are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great block idea for a group quilt. They can always be "fixed" if all the blocks are not the same size. They also look great as a finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love these blocks oh this is so nice they will be donated to those in need.
    Kathie
    no I do not have black boxes in the comment sections
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.