About Me
- Julierose
- Shoreline, CT, United States
- I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.
Friday, September 25, 2015
STEVEN'S FIRST BLOCK
The first block of Steven's "going away to college" quilt; orange is his favorite color and he is into Math and Music...I love this pattern for spider web. I am using Jenny's tutorial from Missouri Star Quilt Co. --my only change is to fold back the wacky web papers so I only have to tear off the centers.....
It's not too baby-ish, ....right???? Let me know your thoughts.....thanks....
Here's a shot of those white with light black prints forming the stars...
there are 4 sections to each block and there will be 5 across, 7 down =ing
35 blocks with 4 sections to each block SOOOO...140 parts to make--
NOW you see why I began early??? He graduates in June 2017....
this gives me enough lead time to gather oranges, and sew s l o w l y.....
I will be joining in with superscrappy tomorrow for the RSC Orange in September
Challenge.....
hugs, from an "on and off" quilter, lately" Julierose, La Blageuse (on a sorta break)
Labels:
Steven's quilt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Smart lady to get a head start. It will be a smashing quilt.
ReplyDeleteOh he is going to LOVE this Julie! Keep up the good work - slow but sure as you have plenty of time to have this all ready. Take care.
ReplyDeleteNo it is not babyish at all. I made a similar one for my youngest she's 22 now...so fun to make...and I love love the Orange. Hugs Mary
ReplyDeletebabyish? no it is going to be such a fun quilt. love the mathy fabrics......
ReplyDeleteOh that is lovely. The texty fabric is great.
ReplyDeleteLove the background fabrics you are using. Enjoy collecting enough oranges. It is always fun to have a shopping goal long term.
ReplyDeleteIt's not babyish at all! Black and white makes it striking. It's hard to judge from just one block, but this promises to be suitably manly!
ReplyDeleteIts fabulous! No way is it babyish, it will make a great quilt for him.
ReplyDeleteI agree that the quilt is fabulous and not babyish. Your choices are great.
ReplyDeleteAwesome pattern and fabrics you chose for Stephen's quilt!
ReplyDeleteHow smart of you to begin this quilt now.
He's going to love it because it's so awesome after only one block. Spiderwebs are great fun to sew, aren't they?
ReplyDeleteIncredible - not babyish one little bit. I need to go check out her tutorial - I used the BH version last time. Happy stitching on this one!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely not too babyish. Looks like a very fun quilt for a graduate. I'm in the same boat you are, with one that will graduate next year. i'm supposed to be making quilts for her two best buddies, I best get busy!
ReplyDeleteDoesn't look babyish at all. Like a modern I Spy with all that text. Really like it. Should use a lot of scraps. You're wise to start now.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it's babyish at all--he will love it! I love it too--always wanted to do a spiderweb.
ReplyDeleteThis is definitely a man block. Love the bold scrappy colors, good contrast with the printed center. He will be one lucky guy when it's finished.
ReplyDeletePas de doute JulieRose ! Steven va complètement a-do-rer ce quilt que tu lui prepares !! J'adore le tissu de fond que tu as utilisé !!
ReplyDeleteThat's a great job !
Bon week-end et grosses bises !
Looks awesome. Great prints and pattern with a very modern look. It will be 2017 before we know it.
ReplyDeleteUh, huh...uh, huh...that's the way I like it! Not babyish...just plain fun.
ReplyDeleteNot babyish as all, and good for you for getting a start on it so early. My son's favourite colour is orange as well.
ReplyDeleteIt is a great block. I know what you mean about starting early. My granddaughter will graduate 2017 and I have found a pattern and purchased the background fabric. I am hoping this will be one of my winter projects.
ReplyDeleteNot babyish as all. It looks quite modern to me! Great idea to start early. Deadlines come much faster than you think!
ReplyDeletenot babyish at all! It's just fabulous. I love it and so will he.
ReplyDeleteIt will make a great quilt for him, hugs friend
ReplyDeleteGreat head start on that quilt. It is not babyish at all. It is a quilt that includes his interests. Math and music....sounds like my daughter. She majored in Math at Boston College while playing flute in the wind ensemble there. She is now a successful actuary in Boston at 24. She still goes to see the concerts at BC. Enjoy your stitching.
ReplyDeleteIt's perfect! I love those mathy neutrals. My granddaughter is a math and music sort, too, so I'm hunting for those kind of prints for her quilt. (I've got until 2019, but it's never too early to start!)
ReplyDeleteThis is going to be a wonderful going off to college quilt. I love the block.
ReplyDeleteNot baby-ish at all. Fabulous.
ReplyDeleteI'm with everyone else - that's not babyish! It looks great!
ReplyDeleteHe's going to love this quilt!
ReplyDelete