About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, November 9, 2015

MONKEY MIND


UM.....how did this happen???? I sewed  five of these before I  realized I was sewing them
together wrong way...because...................

                                             SEE................. THIS is what I wanted:


Ah-Ha!!  Gotcha -----at least for today...I am on a campaign to teach myself to do angles.....
so every day I plan to sew a few to get used to angles and not feel so "angle-challenged"

 The HST's up above were a mistake--but now I see how I can use my GO!BABY die for both  1/4 square triangles and 1/2 square triangles...So, maybe not SO bad, huh??
 I have cut quite a few ahead so that they can be my "leader enders" while I continue making Steven's quilt...

            AND here is COL #5....definitely reflecting my MONKEY MIND today
                                                               ;--0000


All those monkies are up to their "monkey shines" in my brain ...do you ever find that you wake up and they are dancing around in YOUR head??? You cannot shut them up!  It is VERY annoying and tiring... {sigh}....

So, late this afternoon I pick up my prep meds for my procedure (yuck) on Wednesday of this week....
Tomorrow is a liquid diet; I made some lime and lemon jello today; I have gatorade, apple juice, beef broth and Italian Ices for tomorrow....

Tonight my sweet DH will be making my favorite creamed tuna on toast for my final meal.....
he makes a "mean" white sauce....

hugs, from Julierose, La Blageuse (frenetic-euse)

10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post today. You remind me of myself. I don't envy the procedure you have in a few days. I hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy enough mistake Julierose - at least you picked it up before you got too far down th track! Best wishes for your procedure; preparing for it is the worst part I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um yeah like I have never done that before.....Oh wait I have done it on a monthly basis for about 7 months in a row doing the bag lady blocks! The last 2 months I finally got it right, and no ripping. But I think yours look marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the procedure goes well. We've all done that with triangles...but the 'mistakes' sometimes turn into great projects! I sometimes wake up with the kids show's songs running through my head. Drives me nuts! Glad the monkeys have settled down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best for your procedure, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wishing you good luck on your procedure and a speedy recovery. Must be the week for procedures ... I'm definitely not looking forward to the prep for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, triangles are tricky customers! Done that before.
    Your bottom circle puts me in mind of the eye of Sauron from Lord of the Rings, which is pretty cool :-)
    I can very much relate to the monkey mind too!
    All the best for your procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a sweet hubs. hope your procedure goes well. love your blocks and love them both ways......see I do that ALL the time and instead of conquering those monkeys I just go with a different concept. LOL big monkey chicken that I am!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monkeys dancing in my head ... Funny image and often true here, too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.