two hours...
I used B&W scraps to sew binding strips (except for):
this bit of gold sparking.....I only had two small pieces of this old favorite of mine--then:
A little bit of Grand-mere's accompaniment on the ivories to go with Steven's saxophone....
AND
Miss Libby's and Tiger's paw prints to remind him of home....
Now I just have to hand sew it down and add a label.
{Do any of you have any suggestions how to keep your quilt from catching and dragging on the front left side of your sewing machine table when you are pulling it through?--Aaaargh!!}
I need a good title for this one; it has me stumped...Music, Math and Engineering.....
Colette suggested "Pi" which I like--perhaps "A Piece of Pi" I just don't know.....
Any suggestions would be appreciated....;--)))
hugs to you all from Snowy, Windswept, bitterly cold SE CT
P.S. Hooking up with Moving It forward this afternoon....
Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse
I constantly lift my quilt to make sure that the majority of it is on the table beside it.
ReplyDeletedepending on the size of the quilt I have kind of tossed it over my left shoulder but if it is smaller I just try to keep it on the table - doesn't always work :)
ReplyDeleteI always sew bindings onto my quilts on my dining room table. I like the big surface and the quilt seems to move smoothly. I move my sewing machine all over the house!
ReplyDeleteI am sure you are so happy that you have totally completed this beautiful quilt :)
ReplyDeleteI roll up my quilts as I work on them....but I haven't quilted for quite a long time.
Cool color choices for your binding. I try to have flat space to support my quilt, but it is a struggle.
ReplyDeletenotes from home.....love it Julie! I put a table to the left to hold it up and keep it from dragging. I handsew it to the back.
ReplyDeleteI like your binding fabrics - especially the inclusion of the little planetary scrap.
ReplyDeleteBindings are always a pain in my opinion! Kind of a necessary evil, lol But the quilt looks great. Love that block design!!!
ReplyDeleteI put my high desk chair by the sewing machine and that helps
ReplyDeleteIf your ironing board is height adjustable you could perhaps set it up to hold your quilt
ReplyDeleteYes the struggles of machine quilting! Good for you for sticking with it. I think sometimes we think machine quilted means fast and easy, I find it really isn't! Love the names you are considering.
ReplyDeleteI love a quilt with meaningful fabrics. This is great! I like the names you have so far, you'll know it when you hear it.
ReplyDelete