About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

SUNDAY: TESTING, TESTING

Here is my test block for Connor's quilt...I like this one a lot better than the
"eye-straining" first ones....LOL

I am using the Quilt As You Go method (QAYG) and setting the 2" strips onto
a rough cut 13.5" piece of batting; I quilt each strip with 3 rows--and will true them up to one size after all 24 are done....

I must confess that i HAD (Ohhh too bad-- LOL) to buy light gray fabric for the remaining 23 blocks......
This was the ONLY small piece of light gray I had in my stash--I bought gray skies and bare branches in grays...will have to await their arrival before making any other blocks.

In the meantime (".....in between time, ain't we got fun!") I am cutting 2" red strips using my AQ cutter aafter washing all the reds in hot water and then ironing ....today will be an ironing day....my secret is that I have always LOVED to iron....it just is so relaxing ....

                               Here is my Lil GO!BABY at the ready....

              And here are two of the fabrics i have picked for the backing...

This morning I awakened to this sight:

Autumn has begun--this is always the first tree to turn in our yard...right
off our deck...so lovely....

                         such brilliant colors....warms your heart....

Tonight hubster will be making his beef barley soup--so no cooking for me--
a day off...;)))) 

hugs, on a warm and humid Sunday morning--(doing my rain dance)
hoping for some kind of rain....it is so dry here...severe drought...

Julierose, La Blageuse (iron-euse)

5 comments:

  1. Oh I like your courthouse steps block. We had rain yesterday, maybe you will get some today. We don't have any leaves changing color yet, but the cottonwood leaves are falling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love soup in Autumn. what time is dinner? lol
    I like this rendition of his quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved to iron too; used to do that as a pre-teen for spending money. I have the bigger go cutter and wish i had gotten the baby go. It takes up less room on my worktables. I'm thinking to ask the guild is someone who has the baby go, wants to trade. lol Have a great week, Julierose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ton bloc est très réussi Julie !
    J'espère que tu auras de la pluie....en France il a fait très chaude depuis 2 mois sans pluie....la nature est aussi très sèche !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your test block looks great--good idea to pre wash those reds! We just had beef barley soup this weekend--must be the cooler temps--lol! Your trees are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.