About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

RAINING SNOWBALLS

          Pondering new combos here....and ,
                                     solid or not, I want a scrappy look...
                                            thinking more black right now.....

                                All lined up to do flippies...only 2 at a go
                                   so when i am ready to 

                                iron the corners and

                                    then trim them up 

                           I won't hurt my hands with the rotary work....
[These are not really pink as they appear, but 
a purple sort of mottled  -- not truly a solid, 
but I don't have many solids on hand so, make do, use it up
RIGHT?]

                      Here they look like purple-y grape they are...yum;)) 

************************************************
                               On the Stone Soup recipe......

                      I am getting those ingredients mixed together...........
And..........
According to the rules I will need to add some kind of trim to my 
soup bowls...something to ponder..........
************************************************
And last but not least--my Sunflower progress....


What appear to be white dots are the sparkley bits...I am really loving the
warmth of this one...maybe 2/3rd done...

          when my hands get too sore from rotary work or hand sewing
 [and not to mention-- my falling down the grandstand over the 
          weekend at my grandson's B-Ball game right on my 
                    "good hand" and wrist, knee and back!!],                                          
                                                            {s i g h },😢
I move over to diamond painting work...
I love seeing how the image 
emerges with each added row...
***************************************
I worked in 20 minute sessions on the sewing and ironing and cutting after coming home from my early morning weekly shopping--
I wanted to get my errands done before the B I G   R A I N S  
hit this afternoon....
We have been having  weird weather this year so far....
Frigid temps to balmy 40's and 50's  and back again..
a see-saw of conditions........

Hugs, Julierose (snowball-euse)  

12 comments:

  1. My goodness, haven't you been busy! Other than a little hand stitching while away on our caravan trip, I haven't really done much machine sewing for a while. Must get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done falls to ! hurts for a while! Take care of my sweet friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stone soup is getting more flavorful. Love it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! So sorry to hear of the fall. Take it easy. Your projects are are moving along so nicely - that sunflower is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh NO! I hope you are okay. Good icing and resting is in order. I hope you do that. By the way, I love those snowballs and stone soup blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these projects are looking good! It is a good idea to mix up the activities, but not a good idea to fall. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it's not your plan, but I quite like the solid squares alongside the snowballs... it's gives the eye a place to rest, then move to... love your beaded piece too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you found a way to work without hurting your hands and that you are using your own scraps and stash. Good for your.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your soup is looking good. Mine is simmering as I go over my plan of attack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry about your fall, ouch!
    And yes, do rest after that.
    Great work, I like your snow ball color choices.
    The circles have an organic look to me, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're doing such nice work. I hope you feel better after falling. I didn't think the rain storm was quite as bad as had been predicted but I'm glad it's over!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.