About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, June 27, 2019

I LIKE NO. 10

The sound of the rain refreshing all my ferns......
***********************************

Sitting out on our deck with my Yankee candle burning before dinner.....
going over the day with my hubby.....remembering our younger
days....
**************************

My four wonderful grandchildren, now moving into adulthood...
******************************

Days like this; early mornings on our deck; sipping coffee..
a slow greeting to our day....

*******************************
I am grateful this week for a general "lifting of my spirits"; 
it is so strange and yet so
wonderful when this happens...especially when you
emerge from a long, dark night of the soul.....💙💙

********************************************

I am joining LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for our weekly 
gratitudes....
thanks you LA for hosting us each Thursday --
;))))

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (grateful-euse)

15 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Julierose! Your yard looks so green and growing. Our rain gave way to sun for two days but this morning is very gray and misty, I think it will burn off and be quite warm today. Handsome and beautiful grandchildren. I can almost smell that yankee candle. I have a big vanilla sugar cookie one that someone gave me years ago that I seldom light. I should take it out and set it on my deck and light it on a summer eve. Thank you for sharing Happy Thursday with me ... :-) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that your spirit has been lifted. It is such a refreshing feeling. Your green grass and ferns are just lovely and the sound of rain on a roof is wonderfully soothing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julierose! Your grandchildren all look like a nice bunch, and that they get along. Your yard looks so peaceful and lovely, and what a great shot of the rain falling! Oh geez, I haven't burned a candle in ages. I wonder why?!! I need to get them out as I have always enjoyed them. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your walkway with the ferns and water is gorgeous. Your grands are a good looking bunch. I am envious of your getting to sit and talk about the day and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sitting out on the porch when it's raining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning- what beautiful lush gardens you have! Enjoy. mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to know that long dark night of the soul is lifting - totally understand what you mean about the emergence. Lovely list of likes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do indeed have a lot to be grateful for. It all looks quite refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you put it so well, I've had the feeling of spirit lifting. Like a cool cloth on your soul. I love ferns, I miss my dancing fern garden of MD. I like catching up with my husband at the end of the day too. Nice list! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rain has been lovely to listen to. All good likes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photo of the rain and all that green is so lovely! Love all the simple, but sweet things you shared - those are the best parts of life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your likes are very relaxing this week! Your ferns look like they're enjoying the rain! Beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great "I Like" post! Love your ferns under the rain, and your deck too ;)) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a calming post. I haven't been outside in a while. Too many bugs right now.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.