About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, September 7, 2019

TURKEY IN THE STRAW

                                         Let me present:  Monsieur Turkey-Lurkey...
                           Dancing in the barn...feathers all a-flutter
               (one foot is shorter because he's doing a do-si-do --hahaha)

And his partner:
                                              Madame Turkey Lurkey...........
                          (She is doing a left leg lift...as she whirls around on one foot)
                                                        For:  They are Dancin' Turkeys...

                          Yup, bet you didn't know turkeys could dance like that ;)))

I hand appliqued the tail feathers using Valdani No.10 gold thread and then machine zig-zagged
bodies and feet...
I still need to sew the "button eyes" on and the beaks...

What will be the center squishy pumpkin block is still in progress....

The original pattern is a horizontal table topper, but mine will be set vertically for
our dining room wall...

This is hanging there now...

The first applique piece I made--it is also a Jan Patek pattern ↓↓↓

So this has been a Sewing Saturday; and now I am resting before the Red Sox/Yankee game
comes on at 4 p.m....
*************************************
I am re-reading Agatha Christie's "Nemisis" and having a cup of tea....

Hoping your day is going well💝

Hugs, Julierose, La blageuse (still doin' that "Turkey Trot"-euse)

10 comments:

  1. Okay now I can vision it since I saw your other one. That is going to be wonderful. And isn't Turkey In The Straw dancing? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is my all time favorite of the Christie books. The turkeys make me smile - that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see Tom and Butterball turkey. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! I might need to make some turkeys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleased to meet you, Monsieur et Madame Turkey-Lurkey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, so many things I enjoy in this post. Jan Patek, who inspired me early on in my quilting, Agatha Christy, and cute turkeys. Being a Twins fan, I cannot comment on the Sox/Yankees :-) but I do enjoy a good game, so hope you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The turkeys are just so cute. I have a bunch of row by row patterns to do that require applique' but mine will likely be fused and machine stitched. I don't have the patience nor skill set to do them by hand.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.