About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, December 5, 2019

I LIKE NO. 23

I like how this drawer is getting emptied out--finally ;000

I am thinking that I will make us new placemats with these rectangular
squares, adding borders of course...trying to cheer up these gray days
around here...
                                             I've run out of enough turquoise squares to make up
                             another block.....just a few mis-matched ones left...
The contents of the drawer will be dumped into a bag and picked out randomly
to make up a big scrap piece with the "leftover"--leftovers (hahaha--lol)

******************************************
                                           I like this quilt from Springleaf Studios blog....
                                                  Beautiful way to set Kaffee fabrics....
********************************************************

And I like this one also from Blue Elephant Stitches blogspot... 

Since I haven't been well, I've been scouring bloglandia for inspiration and to
recharge my "mojo"....I like the low contrast backgrounds a lot....

*****************************************
And last, but not least, here is my first wool project being set up:

It is a Buttermilk Basin one; I am trying to get the "back" pieces down first and 
then add the rest...pumpkins, branch, and bird and leaves.....this will become
my hand stitchery for the New Year.....

*********************
Come and Join our little group of weekly positive thinkers at Lee Anna's 
where we show our happiness for the little things in life 
                                                                that give us all joy....;)))

hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (glass-half-full-euse) ;)))

14 comments:

  1. I love the projects you found on line. I hope you're feeling better. Stay indoors and rest. I'm hoping this snow melts a little bit today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you do with the wool project! It's always so fun to start something new. And I love the idea of using up the leftover leftovers in your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great likes and what colorful placemats those will make! Your wool project looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great projects going there , love the wool piece

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dying to start a scrappy leftover project. Soon! Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your patchwork blocks made with the 4 patches - they really appeal to me. I admit to a little squeal when I saw that you shared the scrappy stars quilt from Blue Elephant Stitches because I have that one saved, too! I even have a charm pack I think it could be made from. I really like the low volume background, too. Hope you are getting better each day, Julierose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your scrappy placemats. So colorful and fun.
    Great projects you found in blogland. I too like the scrappy low volume background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cross-stitched a house scene very similar to your wool one in the last half of the 90s. Love that style. I saw that tree quilt on My Quilt Infatuation and yes! Love!!! It may be a good RSC project for 2020....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to make that tree quilt from springleaf too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those placemats are fun! I haven't gotten into wool yet, although it's very popular. I'll watch your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your placemat blocks! I am so jealous! I wish I had a drawer almost empty!!! You go girl! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've given me an idea! I have drawers filled with small pieces of 'fancy' fabrics left from spending years making crazy quilts. They're run their course pretty much (either that, or I've simply burned out) and I need to clear out those fabrics so I can make room for my current passion. So, thanks to you, I'm wondering about dumping them all out and just grabbing a piece and whacking it down onto a base and see what happens. Could be a lesson in futility, but then again.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely collection of likes here! I loved the quilt by Anne as soon as I saw it on her blog, the colours are glorious.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.