About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, December 21, 2019

NOPE, NOPE AND NOPE






Twosies

tried 


out

Meh....

                                             Don't think so...

I did a few of these despite the fact that my gut told 
me that I felt "funny" about them.....
[Silly girl!!]
and then tried some 4-sies--ever pressing forward over my 
internal objections...(why?)
AND
Nope, nope nope--just didn't do it for me..

WAY TOO red and 

WAY TOO higgeldy -piggeldy--
                                         all a-muddle...

                                        YES, even for me...;((((

So I have spent  the afternoon carefully ripping out those
carefully pressed seam allowances...... 

and here they are:
ready to be ironed again ....S I G H ..............

                       Ironed where those seam pressings were.... 

So.......................now, my plan is -----

I am going to set them one by one and sash them that way-
letting each block stand alone in its quirkiness...

(I think if this had been a big bed quilt the 4-sies would have been
okay, but this is a small piece--see what I mean about having made
big quilts for years...not the same at all)

At least that is PLAN B for now...

Seems this has been an un-doing week for me....
First Lori's Swiss Cross (not Swedish!!) 
and then these...

Hugs, Julierose, La blageuse (ribbit-ing euse)

13 comments:

  1. You certainly have patience. I stick mine in a box and forget about them. (Rather than rip I've reprinted a paper piece and made the one part over again.)
    Sounds like you have found the solution to your problem.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love following your creative flow. I was picturing a strippy, like Chinese Coins pattern but I love the individual frame idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the simple neutral sashing that your design wall provides in your last post. Look forward to seeing this together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right - these didn't play well too close together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you have to listen to your gut! I like the idea of sashing them individually. I bet it will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is good to stop and adjust if its not working. I liked them. I've wanted to make a crumb quilt, but just haven't dived in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, ripping.... heavy sigh is right! But your gut was telling you how this needs to go, so you listened.

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay, so ask yourself why you liked it more before sewing... you liked it, we all liked it. What makes it less okay now. Could it be the syndrome of middle of project. I often love a project, then hate it and wish I hadn't wasted fabric, then love it again at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is exactly what happens to me every time I try to put bits together. They work on the smallest units and then look terrible if I force them into larger units. I'll have to consider your solution. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sash it! just to see if you like it better

    ReplyDelete
  11. Creativity has its moments. For every success there are discards.
    Even if these red blocks do not become anything lovely soon, they will sometime later.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to seeing how this quilt evolves!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.