Here's my story
I found myself tossing and turning after going to bed last night --
unable to get to sleep...
so, I tip toed out of bed and came into our back room and pulled
my teapot out and stared at it for a bit...It was very still
and so quiet
that late at night...
so hushed..
you could almost feel it...
So...
I pulled out my needle and thread and did a 2nd row around the teapot;
and then
decided it needed a ring to set it off--
and I made it puffy ;)))
oh, I like that;)))
then ............
I did an easy border
around the edges...just to frame it some more...
All I could hear was:
just that tick tick sound of my needle going in and out...
[you know, right?]
one little stitch at a time...
slowed me right down...that jumpy
feeling just melted away....into the night....
Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (quilting-euse)

It is lovely, tho I am sorry you're unable to sleep. Hints: stay up as late as possible! Do not nap!
ReplyDeleteYes! So beautifully said, the simple truth that quilting soothes our souls.
ReplyDeleteSuch a soothing post as I listened to your needle too.
ReplyDeleteAwe that is turning out lovely.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds so calming. It's just what you needed! I hope you sleep better tonight!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you in the middle-of-the-night wide awake thing. Wish I could stitch but the light would wake my DH and it's not fair that two of us be awake. Instead I pull out my tablet and play solitaire and end up curling up on the couch. Sure do wish stitching was an option!
ReplyDeleteSorry to read about your poor lack of sleep but just look what happened when you picked up needle and thread!! Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLovely story! Isn't it wonderful how simple tasks like this can be so calming for the mind.
ReplyDelete