About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

THE FIX FOR SWEDISH CROSSES

I cut a new triangle  and pinned carefully ...
that triangle wanted to stretch and stretch...

I was hoping that the seam allowance
would hold the squares' seam together???

And it did...;))))

I had to sew and rip out a few times,
 but 
here is how it finished up

I actually didn't have any plain white fabric (!!)
So I used some white on white and
decided to call it
 "charming"...;)))
enough of worrying...
right? ;)))


I am marking with a hera marker 
and quilting the little white squares
diagonally throughout...

No more marking pencils for me...

hugs,
 Julierose, La Blageuse (elated-euse)




11 comments:

  1. It's so charming! Your quilting stitches are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you solved it! The new corner looks very neat, and the hera marker seems like a much safer option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should try marking my quilting lines this way.
    Good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be a very pretty piece once you finish--don't put it back in the closet--lol! Next time your have those blue marks, try spraying with water mixed with a tsp. of baking soda--it seemed to help me when I had the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A "make it work" moment! Well done. Thanks for visiting my blog- glad you like the dolls. I'm off to look at your previous posts- love all your stitcher- especially that Cherry Basket block. I Like Jan Patek designs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fix. Love the quilting so far.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are persevering - I have this little quilt in my head to make too. It's from Lori's Humble Quilts blog from a while ago, and I love it.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you came up with a solution. Marking pens/pencils have no place in my world either. Scary things!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.