About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, June 27, 2020

BOUND AND DETERMINED


"Pomegranates in the Rain" is bound;)))




Here are views from left to right showing the hand quilting of the "rain" on the batik blocks
and the binding that moves from one purple-y color to the next....
And here it is inside

this is my first big  applique quilt and I am
thrilled that it is done...
Modern batiks amid prim pomegranates...
****************************************

This morning's sewing
was preceded by making a lasagna 
for our dinner tonight 
(and for leftovers to freeze).
I think perhaps I was still asleep while
putting the lasagna together...
fingers crossed that it
will come out right....;)))💤

****************************************
It is very humid here, but not too warm
just feels that way....

I have Steve's quilt (the big ka-hoon-a--
oh --the quilt not him-- hahaha)
left to do...
that will involve a few days' work...
Hoping to begin tomorrow...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ waving under cloudy skies~ ~ ~ ~
Julierose, La Blageuse ("bind-thy-time-euse")

P.S.  no comments are coming my way it seems...
I am not ignoring you...
thanks a lot New Blogger!!👾👾


19 comments:

  1. The low-volume contrast in these blocks is wonderful, Mme Julierose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you don't seem to be receiving comments. I'll send you an email so you know I commented on your beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pretty finish! Good luck with the big Kahooooonnaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a great finish, Julierose. I love your pomegranates.
    So sorry about the comments not coming through. You should let Blogger know! Maybe others are having the same problem and can fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job for your first appliqué quilt...and the quilting is gorgeous!
    Wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on a lovely quilt finish! SEW much hand stitching. Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very humid and overcast today. I hope it actually rains. Our lawn needs it! I love your pomegranate quilt. It's just perfect! Such a wonderful finish! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you a comment - it has been humid and super hazy here today. The Saharan dust cloud is overhead for another day or so . . . definitely something in the air (no joke).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love those pomegranates, Julierose! You are so productive. I liked the photo of bare toes on the patio....doesn’t that feel great this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful finish. I too had trouble with comments at first. I then checked the notify me box at the bottom of a post. I started to get them. Not sure if it can help you too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful quilt! Great finish! Good luck with Steve's quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pomegranate is lovely! Enjoy the satisfaction of a finish. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay - another finish! You are an inspiration to us all. I bet you feel such a sense of satisfaction right now. Looking forward to seeing the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOvely. Your hand quilting is exceptional, so much texture and visual pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the narrow quilting lines. Take a lot of patience I image. I was having problems with blogger to but then it went back to the old format (or so I thought) shows what I know! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. yeah we have been experiencing the humid and mid heat. A couple of good storms have came through. Love your binding on the quilt. Awesome finish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pomegranites in the rain quilt. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on this beautiful Pomegranate finish!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.