I spent my morning sewing the long rows of cornerstone sashings and
then attaching them to four rows.
AND: I am loving the "look";
and I really liked having those match points
across those long sashing rows...
Mostly they matched up really well, a few were off by a bit...but for my
first attempt I am happy with how they look ;)))
NOW: I have run out of the taupe grunge fabric totally...so my
top,bottom, and side borders will have to be a different fabric
again...totally but totally scrappy here...;000
I know i could purchase some more of the taupe online, but I
want to use my stash on hand...I will have to see what will
work.
**********************
I made my chicken/rice casserole for our dinner tonight which will
not only be good, but we will have enough leftover for Monday's meal..
I also made a lovely banana bread in my Oster bread machine...
I tell you that machine is 25 years old and still works a dream...
Cooling on my counter⇓⇓⇓
;((( still too hot to cut yet ;((((
Soon Tom, soon----- hahahaha
Stay safe on this lovely first Saturday in June
Julierose, La Blageuse (busy-as-a-bee-euse



Your quilt is looking wonderful...as does that bread! Happy stitching.
ReplyDeleteSashing looks good. I hope you can find something in stash that is the same value. Even a dull green might work.
ReplyDeleteI love your sashings, great mix of taupe and pink, very pretty. Hope you will find a piece of fabric that will suit you for the finish!
ReplyDeleteI made some banana muffins on Wednesday. Bananas ripen so quickly with the warmer weather. I had a hard time picturing how this would look with the grunge fabric. It turned out really nice.
ReplyDeleteMaking a banana bread here too.great minds think alike. Love your cornerstones.
ReplyDeleteMmm, home made bread, so nice!
ReplyDeleteAwesome that you got everything to match. Wow 25 years old? Mine died years ago sadly.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice day! Sewing and banana bread! I love your cornerstones. They match very nicely with the other fabrics.
ReplyDeleteI really like the pink cornerstones - just the right amount of pop to set off the blocks. Using taupe for the sashing was a good choice too.
ReplyDeleteI love this quilt! I see my scraps! The grunge is beautiful, I need a yard of that one.
ReplyDeleteBanana bread, delish, Bet the house smelled divine.
PS remind me how big the Snowballs are>
Your quilt looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteThat quilt is looking good. I like the cornerstones! Hope you find something for the borders that makes you happy. I love Grunge fabric, so I need to check out the taupe.
ReplyDeleteLove how your snowball quilt is coming along! I've never made banana bread in my bread making--sounds delish!
ReplyDeleteYour snowballs are coming together so nicely, Julierose! I love the Grunge sashing and cornerstones with the pretty snowball blocks. The homemade bread sounds yummy!
ReplyDeleteThe sashing/cornerstones do a good job of setting your blocks. I was looking at a close up view and admiring the different larger print fabrics you have featured in the blocks.
ReplyDeleteThe BAD quilt top is looking nice. Hope you find fabric you like for the borders. The bread sounds awesome. I have the same turtle towel as you. I've had it for a bunch of years but it still looks good and works great.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, the colour for the cornerstones is splendid, does it really matter if the borders are not taupe Grunge? I think not.
ReplyDeleteYour taupe sashing is lovely. Exactly what I wanted to use in my wheel quilt but I ran out of fabric much sooner than you. Aren't we having fun using our stash!
ReplyDelete