About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, June 21, 2020

REMAKE


Some of you long time followers here,
will recall that while my Mom was in 
the Nursing Home, I made her this 
cute little pillow.

While cleaning out her room after she had passed,
I came across it;  and it was in pretty bad shape;
so, I took it home; and I carefully took it all apart'
 and I resewed all the
pieces together....
AND;;;
I have now remade it into this:
A little table topper ;)))

Here is the back 
This recalls our early camping days..
and my kitty Schumee who loved
my Mom....

This was a fun little project...

I hope you are all well and staying safe

Hugs from My Home Base
Julierose, La Blageuse , ( feeling better-euse)

16 comments:

  1. Awe very cute, and how nice to be able to redo it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific save - I love the red bird (they were my mom's favorite).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea, remaking the cushion. It was obviously very special for both of you and a lovely tangible reminder of your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julierose what a lovely keepsake Sou da like your mum loved it,lovely that you could revamp it ,lovely memories are yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful piece and you saved it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to recycle a cherished project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and a sweet remembrance of your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're better and have recreated this pillow. What a lovely memory of your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This makes my heart so happy that you were able to rescue this special piece. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to repurpose - and the memories that go along with it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute wall hanging. great save.
    stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this little cat and mouse. They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.