About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, December 14, 2020

FLYING SOUTH FOR THE WINTER...

 

They are meeting up for their 
flight
tonight.
**********************************
I have 11 rows ready to be
trimmed up and sewn together...

I am still debating if I want separator
strips every couple rows...

ALSO:
Is it 
wide enough 
for a lap quilt...
[4.5"x11=49.5"]

{but maybe just borders...}
Hmmmmm

**************************

Now,
for the upper portion 
and 
lower portion of this quilt.

I know they are soaring 
toward
the 
MOON..

And I want some kind of log cabin 
{over the dark ocean}

 or house blocks for the bottom
for them to fly from...
??????
*************************
In the meantime....

I am awaiting a couple light 
low volume prints
in the mail..
and
will be searching for
more in the coming weeks...

Hugs from a faraway place, 
Julierose, La Blageuse
(deep in thoughts-euse)
😷





12 comments:

  1. I love the things you're thinking about for the top and bottom of your geese, Julierose! This is going to be beautiful. For me, 49.5 would be wide enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all coming together nicely, isn't it. Let's see where it ends up, with your thoughtsxand ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've been busy It looks terrific

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of geese! It sounds like a very interesting quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flying geese are lovely. I can't wait to see your vision. Sounds marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh - I like the house idea! Perhaps just a border on the outside edges but not the top and bottom? You'd have to add the 'top' and 'bottom' onto it and then made the decision I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The geese are looking gorgeous so far. Looking forward to seeing where they end up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Certainly wide enough for a lap quilt. If you add spacers, you might need to make your flying geese rows longer to keep proportion in check between width and length.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The geese are lovely but your ideas for moon, houses, and log cabins will take it over the top. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your geese and can't wait to see what you end up with! You always have great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.