About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

FOREST FLIGHT, et al

 

Here is the back of Night Flight

AND
↧↧↧↧
The Geese are flying through
the forest; I love
how this set up!!
;)))
(click to enlarge)



Feathers flying on this Goose....

There are 176 geese
in total;
I have quilted :
Twelve so far;
SO
There are
164
left
👀💖💖👀
**************************
This morning Tom and I went to Big Y
grocery shopping...
Not many people taking advantage of
the senior early hours today...

I found a lovely corned beef and
they also had pork chops...

We also got ourselves
a nice big store made
Pizza for tonight's dinner...
SO
I will make us a big salad 
to go with...
:)))

It's been what seems like 
FOREVER
since we've had pizza...
Y U M !!
;)))

Hugs from very damp and raw
SE CT 
on this partly sunny morning
Julierose
La Blageuse
(hand quilting-euse)







19 comments:

  1. The geese in the trees look really cool. It's so hard to find the perfect baking but that one really works! I think you are very brave to hand quilt them. It takes so much time and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't have done better if you'd planned it, Julie -- the big-stitch quilting looks terrific. My husband remembers when pizzas were an "exotic" treat, called tomato pie in his hometown in New Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your quilting is beautiful and your backing fabric is absolutely perfect for those geese flying sideways through the branches. I love the mellow shading of all the geese on the front too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your backing. You come up with the greatest fabric. It's hard not to think about how much you've quilted and how much is left while you are doing the actual stitching. I'm just getting started on a quilt so I haven't done enough to keep track of. Slow and steady wins the race.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your backing fabric is really beautiful, and certainly shows the flying geese. Take your time and enjoy hand quilting this lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The back is amazing! I love seeing the geese pop through thanks to your quilting. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That backing fabric is so perfect. I just love the black stitching.

    We are getting snow right now. It sounds like maybe over 2" but the bad part is that it will turn to freezing rain in the wee hours tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I had missed this update when I asked what you had made for dinner on this cold night! Ooops, sorry. My store was very clean and quiet 2 PM yesterday. Always a relief.

    That backing, the geese flying thru the barren trees---superb.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. PERFECT backing - this project is wonderful. Weather here is chilly and we're to get roughly 3" of rain in the next 48-72 hours. Great weather to stay inside!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You couldn't have found a more perfect backing for your
    Night Flight quilt. Now you've mentioned pizza I'm feeling pretty hungry, store bought is always a nice change from home made!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That backing is so perfect for Night Flight - love it! Pizza sounds yummy, too. We haven't had a pizza in awhile - now that you've put that in my mind, I may have to get us one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! My day off we are getting snow, and I need to run to a quilt shop about 50 miles away to pick up my santa bounty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's the back?? Wow - I'd like that for the FRONT too!!! Beautiful. We're just finishing up a homemade pizza for lunch today. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love pizza and salad combination. I load my pizza slice with spinach leaves :-) I see that you are hand quilting the geese. Power to you Julie. The backing is gorgeous. Stay warm. Happy New Year to you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely back for your flying geese. Your geese are such wonderful colors.
    Not many people using curbside around here either. I didn't get pizza but some ready to go meals instead to which we will add salad, too. I've wanted to try these for a while and this is the week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those flying geese are amazing! Happy New Year to you and your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year! Love your geese. Such a beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a great backing fabric for your geese, Julierose. And now you'll have a two-sided quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.