About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, December 28, 2020

GEESE QUILTING, et al

 

I am all set up to do
hand quilting on "Night Flight"
Geese....

I am using 
this favorite thread
in black
Presencia Finca
No 8 
Perle Cotton
And
Here are the first three
these are such fun to do...
:)))

*****************************
Here are Fiona (R)
and Willa(L)
with their 
American Girl Doll
Quilts.
↧↧↧↧
I guess they were a hit;))))

Fiona is sporting a
new hairstyle from
her previously really
long "do"..
Her Mom did a super cutting job,
don't you think???
***********************
AND
Here are my daughter Candice's
four
on Christmas Day



Left to Right: 
Greg, Cassidy, Connor and Steven

Oops .... 
;000
and don't forget 
"Libby" --photo bombing
on the floor ;)))

***********************
We all had a family 
ZOOM 
gathering, 
hosted by my daughter,
for an
hour's chat and
catch-up
on this crazy 
Christmas ...
We are all hoping that next year we can gather
in person...

Hugs from my home to yours,
stay safe 
it's still out there...
;()
Julierose, La Blageuse
(quilting geese-euse)













17 comments:

  1. The smiles on those faces are beyond priceless. And I think your choice of the black thread for quilting the geese is perfect.
    We did a Facebook video chat with our family out west and got to watch them open their gifts - such a joy. Attempted to do the same with our family that lives 2 hours away but the connection was terrible so it didn't last. At least we got to see our family even though it wasn't in the manner we would have preferred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black thread was the perfect choice for the hand quilting!! I love it!

    I did a zoom too with my son's family. Since we are spread out all over the country we wouldn't have been together anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The geese are going to look wonderful with your hand quilting, Julierose! Our Christmas was on Zoom this year, too - at least there was that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the black really pops those blocks! Good choice! We also Zoomed and phoned family, and had dinner with our "bubble" couple friends. Very nice day considering. Happy New Year to all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely family photos. Zooming is not quite the same as meeting in person, but still a good second choice in these strange times. Most of us would never had heard about Zoom last year, how times have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the quilting with the black cotton! Two happy looking girls with quilts, shame you could’t be with them in person, same for your other grandchildren but such is the way of our world at the moment. Keep safe and keep on quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your stitching is so nice and even. I love the way it looks. Did you get that bad storm before Christmas? You probably got the most recent one too. Love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That black thread is perfect for those geese
    Love the grandkids especially fiona and willa. Growing up fast

    ReplyDelete
  9. We did a Zoom call with my sister and those at her house in MI. Then we had a FaceTime with elder son/grandson who are in SC with DIL's family. It was different and fun. SO glad the girls like those AG doll quilts. I think they're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quilting on the geese. Glad you got a Zoom in with the family. Yes, quite a few more months of being careful is in order, especially after the fallout from the Christmas/New Years 'gatherings' that are taking place. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your hand quilting. The black thread looks great on the flying geese! So nice to see your grandchildren! I'm sure you miss them during the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flying geese quilt looks amazing! I love the colours you’ve used, just gorgeous! The black thread looks great on the hand quilting..
    Found you whilst blog hopping, would be lovely to see you over at mine at emeraldcottage.blogspot.com
    Jillxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post! Lovely grandchildren (and funny grand dog, hehe). I love the black, too (and that Finca cotton is yummy stuff) for the hand stitching on your flying geese!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The geese look good! The girls obviously love their butterfly quilts. Nice that you could catch up with everyone, even remotely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You are making really speedy progress on this quilt, Julierose. It seems like just the other day you had a few geese on your wall.
    I have trouble choosing black (for any part of a quilt) but when I see that someone else has used it, I think it looks great, including on your geese.
    Your grands all look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The geese and the quilting look great - looks like you have a good project to occupy your New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your geese are looking "sew" good. Enjoy your day! Looks like awesome thread. 🦋

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.