About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, June 26, 2021

FUNFETTI INTO A FLIMSY , et al

 
Here are the wonky funfetti
blocks sewn together.
(click to enlarge all)

AND then I
pinned those double rows 
of 4 patches--
all gray toned prints--
to the shorter sides 
to see if I liked them
with the main piece...
↧↧↧↧

It was a Plan for  borders...
SO...
I wandered about for a couple
days looking at this a lot...
and finally, 

I decided I did like that 
softer look to surround
the funfetti center


I used up all my gray 
mini charm 4 patches 
here and also a leftover
strip of foggy grayness...

I got to sew it all together
this afternoon 
into a Flimsy:

I had a tiny little little smidgen
of that solid grayness
leftover...
j-u-s-t 
enough!! ;)))

This is my trial piece for making
more confetti blocks...
using the smallest pieces I 
could sew 
and still have them show up;
and also trying out 
a few triangles...

I am thinking now of a dark 
background with low volume
white and off whites
to make next...

I am hoping it will look 
like snow falling...

I will be deciding on 
a background
for this...

And so, this really is 
a TWO-fer
in my 
"USING IT UP" 
series...

I still have more mini charms
😧😰😮
sewn in 2-sies and 4-sies
to be used up
before I embark on 
any really 
totally new projects...
************************
Tom is out mowing our lawn 
in between showers;
very humid here with a 
72 dewpoint and 
80 degree temp.
Needless to say,
our AC is on..
***********************
I have prepared our dining room
table for what will be the 
7 of us tomorrow:
Candice, Cassidy,
Greg, Connor and
Steven and us...

Very French Countryside
dotted with my mini
collection of 
Rooster salt and peppers:

These are Pfaltzgraff--
I have 2 set of these...love how one is 
looking back over his shoulder
:)))))

and
 Mom and I scored
this pair 
at a yard sale:
⇊⇊⇊

We both thought they were
vintage looking..
Soooo cute...

You know, it's been so long
since we've entertained at all
that I had to really think 
👵 about
dishes, serving dishes, etc...
We are so looking 
forward to tomorrow..
:)))

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(Grateful-euse)











14 comments:

  1. Great that you have that little light hearted quilt framed with a border. It's coming all together. I can feel the anticipation in your typed word. So glad your family is getting together. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funfetti is gorgeous. I love it so much! I want to make one. is this something you invented? <3

    Your French countryside table! Pierre Deux tablecloth and those roosters, perfect plates. How fun for you, the planning, the anticipation! It will be a very special day.

    Much cooler here than there and no showers. Fog was gone by noon. Low 60s I am guessing. It is on its way to you for tomorrow maybe.

    Hope the boys love their quilts. Take pics for us, if appropriate.

    Menu?

    love lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your family meal tomorrow it will be such fun to have visitors again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy that dinner! (Love those s&p shakers!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tablescape! The French country tablecloth and little roosters are adorable. Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have often thought of making a funfetti/confetti quilt using so many darling fussy cut scraps. Someday, it will get to the top of my to-do list! Yours looks great with the gray border and it's always a good feeling to get to that point, isn't it? Enjoy your gathering tomorrow and watch out for those roosters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Funfetti with its grey border, perfect! The s&p shakers are so cute. Enjoy the family meal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you're doing with your funfetti blocks! Another great project! Enjoy your family dinner. So thankful for the vaccine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. funfetti is such a great design! the blocks look great with the grey border.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The grey does suit your funfetti piece. Hope you have a lovely time entertaining tomorrow! As you say it seems so long since we could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your funfetti is so pretty. Now don't make me do one in dark blues and lights or yellows. Just dont lol
    Your table is pretty. Love your roosters

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely Funfetti!! Very French countryside table setting for your dinner, love the fabric cloth for the table cover.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your funfetti quilt is just exactly that - fun! Not so sure sewing all those itty bitty bits together was exactly fun, but the results sure are!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.