About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

STRINGS AND THINGS

 
My Low volume String
"Early Spring"
piece is all hand quilted...
And
Here is the back
where you can see that I did the 
vertical and horizontal
seam lines on either side
↧↧↧

(Click to enlarge)

*******************************

Remember I mentioned a BIG
BAG of various scraps??
Cut offs, small bits, orts, etc...
all mostly darker fabrics
that needed sorting?



 this is how I've spent my
day..
What a mess...
DH started to ask me
"Why did you put that one on that
pile--isn't it...?" 
I ignored it totally--if I began
overthinking I would 
NEVER EVER
get it done...
I sorted by color and then bagged

Here are the first few piles
I started...
What a mammoth job!!
πŸ‘€πŸ‘Ή
Maybe now I will REMEMBER
to put the scraps in each color coded bag
AS I GO!!!😱😳😡
YA THINK???
********************
So now I can make a start on hand quilting 
the two dolly quilts for Willa and Fiona...
Nice small projects...

************************
I sent off my donation blocks and
tops yesterday....
AND...
LO AND BEHOLD
πŸ‘€
Look what I received
in the mail from 
Julie Sefton of 
"Me and My Quilts"
Blog...

All precut and packaged!!
And low volume which 
I really totally need!!


Wasn't this the most generous gift???
With the cutest card....
thank you so much Julie 
πŸ’–
Aren't quilters just the nicest
people??

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(so thankful-euse)








14 comments:

  1. Always great to get fabric! I think I am a fabric addict

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it be fun to sort scraps with a friend? I think the time would go quickly and then it wouldn't seem like such a chore. It's something I need to do too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO fun to make someone else's day brighter! Happy the box arrived safely. Your sorting project is beyond worthwhile - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorting little pieces really does make a big mess! Now you can concentrate on projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Organizing your scraps is so hard to do! So great to receive fabric, especially if it's the colors you need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those yummy scraps! Sorting is a pain, great idea to sort on colors after each finish. I cut leftover fabric into squares in different sizes, that way I avoid overwhelming scrap baskets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the sorting job! My scrappy bits are all thrown in together. I'd never really considered sorting them by colour, but perhaps I should. It could mean less handling of all those bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you've given me some ideas!!!!! I have a ton of bits and scraps in storage that need to be sorted and bagged. I wonder if that will motivate me to actually DO something with them???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your grandson's quilts were just the ticket, Julierose. What a great gift for off to college. Meanwhile, I can get overwhelmed with the scraps if I get them all out. I do have them sorted by colour though but then I run into decision making about certain florals, etc. Eeek. ALso lovely squishy mail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No I didn't. I didn't snicker (even one teeny little bit) over the remembering to put the fabrics into the colour sorted bags as you go along. Nope, not me. I wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Organising scraps - well done! Always a hard job for me too, despite having the colour bags just like you!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on finishing the hand quilting! Was it hard to quilt through with so many seams?
    And great job on getting the scraps organized... a mammoth task!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Low-volume strings -- make me think of a softly-played violin. Looks as though you went from "out of sorts" to tidied up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your low volume strings are pretty and perfect for summer. How nice of Julie and you for donating.
    Sorting scraps can be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.