(click to enlarge photos)
I don't know what it is about
those little captured pieces
but they make me so happy..
😂💓💓
This one has....
A long narrow strip...
And
they all have a lot of whites
These take quite a while to
work up...
I love the randomness and
pops of colors...
I have pulled all my white on white and
white on ecru, and
white linen strips and
chunks out to make these.
*************************
On the bigger playing ground...
I have my backing chosen
for my string blocks...
↑↑↑↑
Now all sewn together.
Here are the two fabrics
below
(I, of course, didn't have
enough of either so
will do a combo).
↧↧↧
Now to measure, cut,
sew, and
layer...
*************************
It is really hot here today...
we had our morning coffees
out on our deck --so
lovely...
Hope your Saturday is a good one..
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(working mini-scraps-euse)






Showcasing the tiny bits makes them all interesting. I can imagine it takes a long time to make each block.
ReplyDelete89 degrees here today.
I do love your funfetti blocks - I can imagine how fiddly they are to make but the end result is so worth it. I'm looking forward to afternoon coffee on our balcony because we just today bought new, far more comfie, lawn chairs. We won't be able to see over the balcony to watch the boats but at least our butts won't be as sore! Can't have coffee in the mornings out there because we face the morning sun and it's just too warm.
ReplyDeleteYou have been rather productive. Coffee on the deck sounds nice, it's always lovely sitting out in the fresh air and sun shine. I often use our patio table to pin small quilts on, but not now, it's almost winter here.
ReplyDeleteThose funfetti blocks are definitely fun, Julierose! I love your string quilt, too - such pretty, mellow colors. Hot in Colorado today, too - 95! Just a few days ago it was cold and rainy!
ReplyDeleteThe Funfetti blocks are gorgeous, love love love! And the muted gentle strings are so pretty too.
ReplyDeleteOH how fun! Your quilt does look like confetti...I love it!!! Very pretty!
ReplyDeleteLove your funfetti blocks.....i feel another squirrel coming at me.
ReplyDeleteThe string top is beautiful.wish i had scraps so pretty. Hot here. Over 90.yikes
Ooooh, I like your Funfetti. Very cute.
ReplyDeleteFunfetti is really neat! Playing around always leads to fun projects.
ReplyDeleteFunfetti, a great name and pretty blocks!
ReplyDeleteFunfetti is a great name and sounds like you had fun playing with these neat blocks. It reminds me of the photo blocks I made a couple years ago...oh I so enjoyed the freedom aspect of sewing them. Really hot here too today...34 C.
ReplyDeleteYour Funfetti blocks really look as if they are fun to make! Good to see your beautiful string quilt almost ready to be backed and quilted. I've missed a few posts Julierose but will go back and read them.
ReplyDeleteI love the funfetti blocks. I think that a large piece with those pops of colour will be very attractive and full of airy love xo
ReplyDeleteThe Funfetti blocks are unique and very interesting. I love them. But that string quilt is gorgeous! Almost a finish, too :)
ReplyDeleteI love the Funfetti blocks! So fun!! The string quilt is a beauty! I love combining fabrics for backings. It's a nice way to use up fabric.
ReplyDeletefun name for a new fresh project.
ReplyDeleteWonderful string quilt. Whew! it is cooler today.