Here are Greg (L)
and Connor (R)
(my daughter's twin boys)
holding up their "Going Away to
College" quilts I made for them.
Look how tall
they are
๐ฎ๐ฎ๐ฎ!!!
Greg's is called "Blues"
and Connor's "Red Rhythm".
Here are the reversible sides:
Greg's has Christmas dogs
in funny hats over
Snowy
Christmas trees;
and
Connor's has a snow-
capped mountains fishing
scene...reflecting his
love of fishing...
We could not believe just how tall and
filled out the twins got in 2 years
since we've seen them...
Connor is big into basketball
and Greg is into gardening..
I totally felt like a midget/shrimpie
next to them
They tower over me...
๐ต๐ด
๐
***********************
We had a wonderful visit with time to
catch up on what lies ahead for
them in colleges they've chosen.
And all about Cassidy's (their sister)
college plans also...
All in all
A great day!!
;)))
*************************
Back to quilt's and things....
Since
I can no longer handle big quilt
tops , I thought i would
get in touch with
a group that puts blocks together
and finished quilt tops
for charities...
I found a
nice listing at
"Jo's Country Junction" blog.
I have two sets of blocks ready to be
sewn together right now.
************************
This morning, Tom and I
took a ride to a UPS and
a Kohl's to drop off some
returns we had to make
and on our way we went
out for
breakfast...
a nice treat on a very
hot and humid day...
**************************
This week I will be working on re-organizing my
fabrics into functional groupings
for me...
And
getting fabrics pulled out of that
BIG SCRAP BAG
for my 2nd funfetti piece...
Take care and enjoy your week
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(grateful-euse)


Handsome grandsons. I think all my grandchildren will be taller than I am. I'll check out Jo's Country Junction to see how I can help.
ReplyDeleteHow nice to be able to give them their quilts in person. Most of us grandmas feel pretty short next to our grandchildren. We shrink and they grow!
ReplyDeleteDont they look happy with their new quilts, great job!
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice to hear about your family getting together. Your grandsons are quite handsome and look like they love their quilts!
ReplyDeleteTwo terrific finishes and two handsome young men! I need to see about that listing for groups that accept blocks for tops . . .
ReplyDeleteHandsome young men. Great job on the quilts for them.yeah i too am a shorty as my grands call me lol.
ReplyDeleteHow fun to have twin grandsons and they look great with their terrific quilts! Going out for breakfast is a treat.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to all of your grands on their college plans. I'm sure the boys will treasure those quilts forever. Good work!
ReplyDeleteNice quilts for the twins, Julierose!! I'm sure they will appreciate having a hug anytime they need one.
ReplyDeleteHandsome twins! And wonderful masculine quilts for them to cuddle under when far from home. So wonderful you got to spend time with them.
ReplyDeleteHandsome boys, beautiful quilts, great plans!
ReplyDeleteOur Sunshine Online Quilt Guild runs a monthly lotto in different themes. You can request lotto coordinator keep blocks to make into quilts or add your name to win some blocks back to use as you wish. Quilts made by lotto coordinator go to Quilts Beyond Borders. Sunshine Quilt Guild supports Quilts Beyond Borders and those quilts go toward several initiatives both international and domestic. Sunshine used to also support Wrap a Smile which supplied quilts on international missions that did cleft palate surgeries but most of those missions have been cancelled since covid. This month Sunshine also decided to support Covered in Love. So, anyway...if you want to make blocks and looking for a place to donate...
https://mewe.com/join/sunshineonlinequiltguild
Those happy smiles radiate how much the boys like their quilts. Now they will be off on the next great adventure of their lives - I wish them well in their career choices.
ReplyDeleteGood looking guys and good looking quilts! Are they going to the same college or striking out on their own?
ReplyDelete