I made this little table topper quite a while ago;
I had some leftover blocks that I didn't use
but couldn't bear to part with as they
were so darling, I thought...
but
the colors didn't go with the
above ones..
soooo
I put them in a little
baggy on the shelf
and really forgot all about them...
*********************************
Fast forward to today;;;;;;;;;
While unearthing many little
started and never finished
projects--you know how that goes!!
I found this little baggy with those
blocks...
Here is where I was at:
with the Bramble QAL
↓↓↓↓↓
BEFORE:
AFTER
↴↴↴↴↴
My latest version of Bramble Blooms
now looks like this...;))))
Six of those little leftover blocks
and just a bit of that
little pansy fabric
yielded two borders...
HURRAH!!!
I think these colors add
a lot to what
I was fearing
was really
a totally drab block
and felt "why was I continuing
with this QAL???"
;00000
I am much happier with
how this is now
looking. ;)))
And that is what it is
all about, right????
Being happy
with what you are making.
And also, not giving up too soon...
๐๐๐
Thank you so much Audrey ,
for your encouraging comments--
I had been feeling really lost....
And now....
I am looking forward to the
next prompt....
I also want to thank my good
friend Lizzy, for all her
constant cheering me
along and not letting me
just give up...
And telling me
"what's what" fearlessly...
I so appreciate that ;)))
๐
hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
("Brambling"-onwards)



I love your tabletopper with the turquoise and purples, Julierose - such a pretty color combination! But then using the leftover blocks for your Bramble Blooms was the perfect idea. Great find!
ReplyDeleteOmigosh, perfection! So fun and happy on yet another dull grey day here. This is true serendipity. I am refocused and heading forward due to this inspiration. Thanks you both, Julie and Audrey!
ReplyDeleteOutstanding! Those pops of color add so much to your Bramble top! Love it! I'm also in love with your little purple table topper.
ReplyDeleteThose yellow blocks just make that whole piece shine! Great addition! Love your table topper too.
ReplyDeleteThe pops of yellow are perfect! Definitely a 'meant-to-be' find.
ReplyDeleteThat was the perfect fit - I guess those parts were hanging around just for this project!
ReplyDeleteThe leftovers were perfect! I love it when something works out like that.
ReplyDeleteThe bright spots of yellow really do brighten the whole piece up. Good move. And you used so leftover peices as well.
ReplyDeletePat
Sometimes, a ufo has to รขge an appropriate amount of time before inspiration hits and we can get back to working on it! Your little quilt is looking happy !
ReplyDeleteJust perfect, don’t you just love when you a home for orphan blocks!
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful! I love it when the waiting ends up giving us just the right solution.
ReplyDeleteThere is a reason for saving those misfits from the first project. They were just made in advance for a second project to come along. They are so perfect for this one.
ReplyDeleteThis is so wonderful! It's so interesting to see how things fall into place sometimes. I think I'd call your quilt, "Wait and See" or as my husband says; "Hide and Watch". It's turning out to be so great.
ReplyDeleteI commented earlier but it got lost somehow. Your Bramble Blossoms is fabulous! You have really come up with something that is just you. I love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a delight this BB is! The yellow flowers just pop and make everything beautiful. Daffodils? Or pansies? You are both clever and fortunate.
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, this looks wonderful! I never thought of your BB as drab but these blocks add spark and interest.
ReplyDeleteI love your thoughts, "And that is what it is all about, right???? Being happy with what you are making. And also, not giving up too soon..." Especially the not giving up too soon part.
I wish I had some blocks hidden away somewhere that were just perfect for BB!
Kudos for your borders - they look fantastic! And you are so good at telling the story . . .
ReplyDeleteLovely progress with your borders for BB1!! I'm struggling with mine and taking a break whilst I finish up the Tussie Mussie quilt.
ReplyDeleteI too love that table topper and how neat to incorporate former blocks in your work..I love that. Your BB is looking fantastic, Julierose. Yes those interesting yellow blooms do add a certain vibrant feeling to the overall look. You are so productive!
ReplyDelete