About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, August 10, 2025

FALLING LEAVES, et al

 

I finished making the last two 
Maple Leaf blocks for my 
little Autumn table topper...
"Falling Leaves"

**********************
Now to choose a border:
???????
Here are my four choices:
Which one do you like?

This print picks up a shade of that pinky 
color in the leaves and the whites...
[gives a bit of a forest feel?]

**************************
This below picks up the golds...
and adds nice pattern near the 
whites...rich looking to me...
↓↓↓↓

*********************

This adds some of the light oranges and
the pink leaves...and is more modern looking
to my eye

***********************

and here the raspberry color is featured...
such a yummy deep color that definitely
highlights those fruits...

I must admit I am at a standstill--I kind of
like them all ...for different 
reasons that emphasize various
colors in my leafy print...and 
provide different vibes...

[maybe leaning just 
a bit to the darker 
raspberry???]

I have more of the leaf fabric and would have
loved to make a lap quilt, but I am
staying with smaller pieces these days...
especially since 
I plan to hand quilt this one...

Let me know your choice...
thanks, ;))))
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(borders-borders-and-more-border-choices-euse)

P.S.  DH likes the gold...;)))









15 comments:

  1. Reading: "A Restless Evil" by Ann Granger--a Mitchell and Markby
    murder mystery...one of my favorite series...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that design with the leaves is lovely! I would have a hard time deciding on the border fabric, too. The gold is really pretty with it, though. I also like the pinky/orange that looks like a Grunge. Whatever you choose, it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gold provides a lovely contrast, though you should choose whatever makes your heart sing! The final choice will be wonderful with any of those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me see, I like 2 and 3. But then, your quilt, your choice, I'm sure whichever one you decide to go with will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me it's between the gold and the lighter pink. I like that the gold picks up the fact that it's a fall piece. The print is a little busy alongside the pretty print in the block and, to my eye, the raspberry is a little too much. But what do I know, I'm not a quilter per se.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps - I just did a little consult with my colour wheel and came up with an aqua blue leaning towards turquoise. Might want to try a piece of that colourway if you have any to see what you think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I adore your autumn leaves, so pretty. I can see why you can't decide which border to choose. I love them all. The Grunge-look one, if it is indeed Grunge, may be hard to hand quilt thru and will show every slightly imperfect stitch.[I know how you feel about crooked stitches!]. I guess I ll be a traditionalist and say the gold or the deep raspberry, both are so rich and saturated. I'd prob put the pink squiggles on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm...'tis a bit tricky to decide. If I had to choose it would be 2 or three but then as you say that raspberry is really yummy. What to do...what to do?? Whichever one you choose your Falling Leaves table topper will be gorgeous. The print fabric is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the gold best. While I like the raspberry color, I think it draws attention away from your center block.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like them all but maybe the gold is my favorite. Have you considered a narrow and a wider border so you can use 2 of the fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Decisions, decisions. I agree they all look wonderful! I look forward to seeing which one you finally decide upon, Julierose. This will be a wonderful piece to hand quilt. Warm hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can't go wrong with whatever you choose, they are all good choices. Two of them really appeal to me, the gold one and the dark raspberry one. Love the fabric in the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your leaves have me thinking of Fall! I like all your border choices but my favorite is raspberry. I like the deep rich color. Hope you're staying cool today!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reading back a bit..... you 'could' make the smaller quilts and then whip stitch the bound quilts together - or zigzag on the machine to make it bigger into a lap quilt. Just thinking out loud..... You could use each as a border that way.... I know, I'm soooo helpful! Love the dark raspberry you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.