Here are a few pix of "Wonky Crosses, Cats and Crows"
This is one of the blocks:
Here's most of the quilt front (sorry for the blurry picture--took them at 2 am--must be the moon--couldn't sleep!!)
Liberated Baskets: for background I used my Toile--which I haven't been able to allow myself to cut until now!! ( Just luv that toile!!)
And finally: here is that Grandmother's Flower Garden mish-mash: I really enjoyed hand-piecing those hexagons, but getting it to fit in together is still bugging me.
I used white-on-white for the "paths" and scraps from other quilts I've made for hexies--all while watching The Red Sox get ahead --oops--and then lose again....c'est la vie.....
I used the English Paper Piecing method--with freezer paper--so far have cut and used and re-used about 500 templates!! (My husband thinks I've lost my mind!!).
Au revoir--La Blageuse Julierose
I think your Grandmothers Flower Garden looks fabulous!!! Not mish mash at all! I haven't put my flowers together yet, but they do tend to buckle a little. I press mine and use a bit of Best Press. They always flatten nicely then. Hope that helps ;)
ReplyDelete