About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

I AM a Messy Girl

Time to try to capture my "Liberated Baskets"--they have been exchanging places behind my back at night under cover of darkness..well, we WILL get them semi-lined up..

. Thanks  Tonya at Unruly Quilts for  your suggestions about other fabrics--I totally agree--mucho "toile" at this point--needs something to break it up...



After all, they are "free baskets, these girls of mine"...

Here is my messy room--strangely enough, I am considered to be obsessively neat in all other areas of my life (such commentators shall remain annonymous, but you know who you are)...but in my quilting nook...well...see for yourself...

AND, so on...

Here above is my front walk and view--so I can see the UPS man with his armloads of fabric and Quilting books struggle to my door!!

A little note to Rosemary--I cannot seem to leave a comment on your blog...probably moi...just so you know, I appreciate and read ALL comments....

AND, (big sigh)... here is one of my other Kitty quilts --I made about 6 of these and gave most to friends...




I know this post is waaaay too long...but here is the final shot of my kitty quilt --she looks like my "Schumee"...


Have to go and start aNOTher quilt...oh no....legos are invading my room....will they jump into those frisky baskets???

Avec amities to all
Julierose, La Blageuse...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julierose! Love your baskets and wonky cats! To answer your question regarding perle cotton, I use #8. That seems to be heavy enough to make a nice statement, but not too thick to pull through all layers of the quilt. Of course use an embroidery needle or utility needle. Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.