About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

DIAMONDS ARE A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND....

Look at what came in the mail for me today: I am soooo excited!!!!


All the way from England!



 LOOK:  she sent a sample, too! If you want to see spectacular hexagon work look inside this book.  You can order it through www.patchworktemplates.com. (I ordered mine through Amazon UK)

I am re-inspired to do hexagons, Jackie, a big thanks is winging its way over the sea to you.
Here's her card...(sorry for the blurry shots). P.S.  She also makes gorgeous vests......

AND:  here are some of my old rosettes that I have made into diamonds:

They are all pretty scrappy and are made from really old Jinny Beyer fabric that I really loved:  I recall taking these to the beach and sewing on them while the kids romped in the ocean....ahhhh the smell of Coppertone and salt air......



The half-hexagons are from an old QNM (March '92, p. 16)  magazine by Aloyse Yorko and well worth looking up.  She actually made a Jinny Beyer "Inner City" pattern, but I adopted her method and used it to make shorter work of hexagons, as the color bands are "two-for-one".  These have been lying around in a box, recently uncovered when I re-did my sewing room.  So portable and such fun to do by hand.   

This is where I am today-- reading this book and ooh-ing and aah-ing over the directions and pix.  You can find Jaxcompany videos also by Jackie online. 

Au Revoir--enjoying this Springlike weather....
Julierose, La Blageuse

4 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun. And wonderful to get back to an old project - so many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hexagons! Mine look so plain next to yours. They're going to make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just learned this method!! I plan to start now to MAYBE have a bed-sized quilt in 15 years!! I will enjoy watching yours progress. Jinny Beyer's fabrics are well-suited to this scale and traditional pattern, aren't they?
    P.S. I found one-inch hexagon grid paper online just by googling "one inch hexagon grid". Certainly the right price!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee--I KNOW--maybe a bed-size quilt in a gazillion years, huh? But, I love doing them. Thanks for your comment--gotta love the JB fabrics...

      Delete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.