About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, February 20, 2012

TWIST AND SHOUT for PRESIDENT'S DAY

I added the roses tone-on-tone border to my Twister Quilt-a-long: 


I like the way it blends with  and makes the the overall peach-to-tangerine colors pop out:


I really, REALLY  LOVE that fabric; it's so subtle and soft toned. 

Today we walked our neighborhood:= Hills, hills and more hills (OOOff-dah!!)

BUT:    I cannot find any fabric to border my Seaflowers hexagon piece--nothing seems to strike me.  Maybe I should just hang it on the design wall and something will come to me. (Hopefully)

I keep on seeing OTHER quilts I want to make--my list is already waaaay toooo loooong.....

1. Dresden Plate
2. Mosaic of some sort
3.  Crosses Plus
4.  Halloween wall quilt for my daughter
5.  Pillow for Mom (with funny Dr. Seuss fabric 
6.  Christmas smallish reversible quilt for Fiona (with Moon and Stars on the Back)
7. Cheddar Bow Tie Medallion
8. Bonnie Hunter's Blue Ridge Medallion (I have been using these as "leaders and enders" and have a lot done already  --waiting in the wings --so to speak.....)

This, doesn't even mention the hexagon project I am doing now....

Well, you can be sure I am never bored!!  I am sad that Downton Abbey is finished for this season....am now reading (in honor of Regency England and all) "Austenland" by Shannon Hale and so far, it's pretty funny.  (I just cannot read "Pride and Prejudice" one more time again....every summer, I take it to the beach--)
Hugs all 'round--(more on the "Spiders" later.....)

Julierose, La Blageuse (VERY Blaguey today, it seems)

1 comment:

  1. Your twister looks lovely! I'll be adding my border soon. I had to work today.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.