About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Spiderwebs (in my jardin) Spotted Saturday Special

I got the black and white spotted fabric borders sewn on this afternoon.  The black makes those spiders really pop out, I think....My spiderwebs  are pretty wonky...(anyone else have trouble with all those crossing seam allowances???--yikes--pretty thick to sew over--I will say my Viking tore right through them--even when I graded them a little they were t-r-o-u-b-l-e!!) AND:  presser feet:  my 1/4 foot doesn't really hold that well--VERY disappointing.  And I tense up.  And get a sore neck.  (*%$$***).

I think I will "tie" this one--the thought of hand quilting over all those seams or trying to machine over them doesn't sound right to me.  I also want to "try out" mosaic piecing for a strip across the back...

FOR NOW:   from snowy, windy country:

The wonky crow fabric is waving bye-bye--all gone....I really have used up all but a few crumbs--it is one of my all-time favorite fabrics--so funny and cute and bright. 

(Note to Twist-a-long {see my sidebar}folks:  I starched both sides of my layout!  Hopefully, the dire prognostications about those pesky "bias edges" won't come true.... or my Twist and Shout will be pretty loud!!)

Did y'all let the "good times roll" on Fat Tuesday???  Moi, une rhume--sniff, sniff....here's to Les Bons Temps for you and yours....Julierose, La Blageuse

3 comments:

  1. Love it, Julierose! It looks great! I hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your choice of the black border was excellent. Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Que bonito este quilt de la tela de araña, la frontera le queda estupenda.

      Delete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.