About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, September 20, 2013

WONDER WOMAN WOVEN WALL (RSC13, also)


REMEMBER ME??? Well, finally!  All those handwoven-torn-strip blocks are together and I have added some in stampings and some raw-edge applique flowery hats:

(Sorry for the blur--my camera just wouldn't cooperate this morning).  the Stamps are from my collection that I used when scrapbooking and the flowers are
fussy cut from scraps....Here is a Wonder Woman....

I WAS going to sew it on the machine as it is huge--but I am going, instead, to try out some kantha-like stitching--as this top is applied to a light backing already, I am only adding a backing--no extra batting so it should be very easy to needle through....
Here it is laid out on my dining room table...I am still in a quandry as to the finishing binding or edging--but I will ponder that as I stitch underneath in the coming cold Winter weather.....








Now onto basting....not my favorite thing as I find it hard on my back!

Now you can see where all my pastel blues went...since it is really all tron up scraps, I am posting this on RSC13 tomorrow as my week's entry also (this is not cheating, right?????(LOL)....

Hopefully, I will get this one off the table before Thanksgiving comes--yikes!!  

Hugs to you all
Julierose, La Blageuse


9 comments:

  1. Yummy! I just couldn't think of any other word to describe your new flimsy. Sounds like you are making a "summer" quilt, as my Grandma would call it. A top and backing, quilted or tied, is a great light weight quilt. I have a double wedding ring she made for my Mom, that has such a thin batting that it works for a summer quilt. (Some of the fabrics have disintegrated and the whole thing needs fixing.)
    Thanks for showing your weave. I absolutely love it!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and as Terri has said above it looks like a "summer" quilt, I love the idea you had of stamping and appliqué and hope you show another photo when you have added the Kantha quilting, which I think would be ideal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I love it. that is neat that you could combine stamping and the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wondering how you made this ? Did you temporarily glue the fabric as you were weaving, or sewed the edges? Could you explain a bit more about it?
    Pascale, la francaise en ANgleterre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely! what a cloth...it is great that you were able to take this so far....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a wonderful time working from your class online; now to continue with quilting it...thank you for the inspirational lessons...julierose

      Delete
  6. Definitely a light blue project! A beautiful one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! You come up with the neatest ideas! Love the stamping. Can't wait to see how you finish it up!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.