About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

OUR 48th TODAY...& 9/11 ....Memories


Our 48th Wedding Anniversary today brings: TWO DOZEN RED ROSES .........and a dinner out......
Just think ---  only two more years left for my children to plan our big PARTAY (ROTFLOL)--actually...I've been leaving pretty obvious hints...hahaha...



Here is the grieving quilt I made when my Dad passed away--I think of him each time I sit down to practice and play....

he always wore his crisp white shirts, and blue ties to work, hence my color choices;

 he was a super precise accountant so I chose those neat little squares--the whites fade out to grey shirtings as I am not as precise as he was...

and we both loved the white birches loaded with snowfall...the left border...

I pinned his years' pins from his company on the back label which reads : "Je me souviens..cher Papa" ( I will never forget you dear Dad).

On this, our anniversary, thoughts whirl into my head of those halcyon days...I had just graduated from Hartt College of Music and was due to play my senior recital in May--when...I caught two of my left hand finger tips in our paneled garage door--so I had to postpone the recital until September ---about 8 days BEFORE our wedding was scheduled!!  What a time that was.....

I took out the pieces I played 48 yrs ago this morning and played them again....
without all that pressure...Ravel, Prokofiev, Bach, and Scarlatti....each one brought back that day in sharp relief for me....the nerves, the relief when it was over...

Today it was was just sheer pleasure....

Hugs to you all on this 9/11:  I have many memories in addition to those of everyone else, (and certainly not to diminish those, either)...... but not less important, I feel....Julierose, La Blageuse

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 48th wedding anniversary ,what a milestone.
    Roses are beautiful .Thanks for sharing your memories .xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Julierose! 48 years - wow! That is a very nice, and very apt quilt you made in memory of your papa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your 48th! I think you deserve a par-tay on your 50th. heck, how many people can say they have been married for 50 years????
    love that quilt to honor your Dad. I love birch trees too. something so calming and serene about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! The picture of the piano with the roses and the wall hanging is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 48th! We've been married 45...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on 45 years! May you have many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful post- I never knew the story behind that that quilt that is hanging above the piano. love, lin

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.