About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, September 2, 2013

BIND THY TIME...Labors of Love for Labor Day



Got this Christmas WH bound today 
AND...this one, too



Here's a look at that foggy binding...



I always drag my feet when the quilt is done and just the binding has to be sewn on; 
I think that I am afraid to "mess it up"......or something.....
At any rate....they just have to be sewn down by hand

Here is the back of the Christmas one


The mosaic sample blocks sewn together......

I also was able to spend 45 minutes practicing my Chopin Nocturne (Op 25 No 1) and getting an "AHA" moment on how to work it out....
What a terrific Labor Day.
These things are "labors of love"...

Hugs to you all
Julierose, La Blageuse

5 comments:

  1. Good work, and on Labor Day! Good timing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful work! Your projects are beautiful. I worked all day so you had a better Labor Day than me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One if my favourite parts of quilting is hand sewing the binding to the back of the quilt. That is the time I get to admire my quilt up close and personal and put extra love into it for the person receiving it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job! I too love the binding part. It is either the bonding with the finished quilt or the slowing down and enjoying the process. not sure which.
    your finishes are wonderful@!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.