About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, September 13, 2013

PASTEL BLUES....NOT SO MUCH....


Strippy scrapping along here...these are the extent of my pastel blues--see those little pieces?? 







I'm not kidding, this is it....











And these few...just a couple more strippies will contain some bits and bobs....

My September RSC13 is a little paltry, huh?  But, with so little to work with I figured I might as well get busy on my "Sea Glass" piece.  So far, 31 blocks, and yesterday I made 11 more strips to piece together.

I am excited to  have been invited to post on  Stringthingalong .....   so, I am re-energized to finish this piece.  If you visit that site, you can see amazing string works....

MISSIE:  This is for you  ma dear....merci, merci look at this....
Here are the pix of the clematis you sent me--still not in bloom, but sprouting away:







It has really grown out over my plant holder and wind chimes................










AND, I think those are little flower buds--I can't wait to see it bloom; last night we had thunder boomers, lightening and rain and today more rain...so perhaps this weekend I will have flowers! I can't thank you enough for your generous gift.....((((((hugs))))
 Missie can be found at Hallbrook Designs  check her out--great stuff.

I hope you all have a great weekend...

P.S.  I am off with my wonderful friend, MaryAnn, to Colchester Mill Fabrics today--uuunh, didn't I say I was on a fabric diet????  Wellll, I really really DO NEED to get some white with blacks for a new hexie pathways project; I mean it is really NECESSARY (right ROTFLOL) ; and I have to re-stash those blues, don't you think I mean after seeing those puny little pieces....yup.  I will post my goodies next time,.,...hugs to all
Julierose, La Blageuse

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is scratching her head wondering what to do with pastel blue! So far nothing.

    Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I have pastel blue either. It's such a pretty color. We should all have more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we did blue a couple months ago I mixed in all shades including light blue so this month I am just doing the same thing again for my string blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I follow stringthingsalong. So many great ideas there.
    I totally agree. You need to work on your light blue stash. Go forth and shop.
    Have a good weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if those are blooms on your clematis, but I hope so. Happy belated 48th anniversary and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweet autumn clematis is probably in bloom by now, as those are flower buds on it. It smells so sweet. Great plant to have - I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes my dear, you NEED more blues to fix the scrap shortage! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do believe that shopping trip is in order.....sometimes you just need some fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your shortage of light blue. So nice though, to know that you are using things up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny...that's about the extent of my pastel blues too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.