About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

AU REVOIR, MA CHERE TANTE MILDRED

1921 - Labor Day-2013
MA TANTE MILDRED
IN MEMORIAM

My darling Godmother, my mother's baby sister, passed away on this Labor Day evening in her Assisted Living Home with her family surrounding her.  We are so sad at her passing; but, it was a blessing as she was very ill and in a lot of pain.

The above is a scrapbook page I made a few years ago of her with a little story on the sidebar about her life.  She never met a person she didn't like and befriended all.  I can still see her sitting at the piano with my father playing four-handed piano and singing those old songs they so loved.  We were blessed to have her as part of our family.

Here are a few more of my scrapbook pages:  One of my Dad who passed away in 1997:
And here is an oldie of my Mom as a young girl on the brink of marrying Dad:

This year has held four deaths of close family members for both my husband and I.....
How did we become the OLDER GENERATION?

And here is a picture of Mom quite a few years ago:


I went and visited her this morning to tell her our sad news; we shed some tears together, but mostly recalled all the good times we all had together.

(I have been a scrapbooker for years now and have just not figured out how to scan them onto my computer to share with you.  Hopefully in the future I can share some "Happy Times" pictures.)
Je me Souviens toujours, Ma Tante...(I will remember you always Ma Tante)

Julierose, La Blageuse

7 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear. Hope you're all doing okay. Sounds like she's in a better place and not suffering anymore. Your scrapbook pages are wonderful! So nice to honor your family in such a special way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathy on the passing of your aunt. You have such fond memories of her and she will live on in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss, Julierose. You have some wonderful memories, and that is the best you can leave behind.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry Julie to hear of your loss. It is funny, how one day we ARE the older generation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for all your losses. What lovely momentous you made to remember them by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like you have great memories that no one can take away. love the scrapbook pages. it is a great tribute to your time together.
    ((((((((((hugs)))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sad for you- beautiful pages- hope they bring you some comfort. love, lin

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.