About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

SEA GLASS FINISHED--Just my cup o'tea

Well, here it is ladies! Sea glass--tied, bound and labeled--

a few of my favorite strings and scrappy parts....
Undersea Flowers

Beach birdies

Lighthouse and snow fences...and undersea anemones (lol)

A weathered beach house....
the backing is a KF vases print that I just love and couldn't cut into....

Isn't this just scrumptious???  
And here is the "Just My Cup O' Tea" label
the binding which only shows on the Sea glass side is made up of long strings of very old fabrics:

I like a wide binding..I know it's not in vogue--but I think it adds to this scene...
and the "stars are in their heavens and all is well with my world today"

Hugs to you all, Julierose La Blageuse  

P.S.  now for the "Wonder Women Woven Wall" --but after I rest my shoulders....

20 comments:

  1. It's wonderful! Looking at your quilt, I can hear the ocean waves. Congratulations on a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you--I will always think of sum-sum-summertime (remember that one?) when I cover up in Winter with it....hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment, Nifty!! I am breathing a sigh of relief that it is D O N E ! At long last!! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it ... congratulations on a WONDERFUL finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finish Julierose! I love the vibrant colours :-) Have fun with the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful! I love the little fussy cut surprises--so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Now to forge ahead on my "brighter" scrappy quilt...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  6. thanks, Dawn--hoping to hop to it tomorrow!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, I love all the different fabric scraps you've used and it all goes together so well. I love your wide binding, it's a bit different and as you said, it goes perfectly with the quilt. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for your kind comments! I find wide binding easier to handle for some reason. I am so glad to have used up most of my scraps --but more still keep on showing up lol hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  8. great beachy fabrics and name for this quilt! Congrats on the finish.
    I have some yardage of that Kaffe fabric too - love it on the back.
    What a super cute label!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those little tea cups--they are years and years...well, you get the idea (lol) old from my younger quilting days. And since I a definitely a "tea-aholic" I thought what better way to use them up...thanks, Barb..Hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. thanks LauraJane--I am looking forward to using this this Winter to keep warm...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  10. Oh, what a fun quilt. I love the label. And what a great way to use fabric you can't cut into on the back. (I think I have some of that fabric too - uncut!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Cathy--I think that with this one and the next (blocks sewn and ready to be made into a flimsy!) I am scrapped out for a bit. But it is fun sewing...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  11. Love the front and the back! You've made it so personal with all those little snippets of fabric that are meaningful. Love it! Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Rosemary--I am still petting this "FINISHED" quilt! YAY! Hugs, Julierose P.S. Sewing the binding on wasn't as hard as I thought after all...isn't it always like that???

      Delete
  12. I really liked the way that turned out, Julierose!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.