About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

RAINY SATURDAY SNIPPETS


I had these leftovers that didn't make it into my "Blues-ey" quilt; so, they are now placemats for DH and me--a sort of test to see how to do that fold over binding --


I also made matching napkins..














Lesson learned about quilting small items like this (new for moi!)--use darker or matching thread to avoid seeing wave-y lines....fyi: my machine quilting needs work.



But I think they go well with our everyday dinner plates--they are actually not that gold color--must be reflection from overhead lighting--they are  beige.  

I hope you are all having a terrific weekend.  I am waiting for a VERY SPECIAL package which is due to arrive this coming Tuesday....more on this later....

I've set up Helga with her walking foot and put quilting thread on her; due to attach some binding on Sea Glass--I finally made the binding....now to get myself to do it!!  A good friend of mine says that finishing is the least creative part of quilting and that's why we all drag our feet on it....I totally agree...

A Bientot, Julierose, La Blageuse 

5 comments:

  1. Love your placemats. They would be a great project for my "new to quilting" Grandgirl. I've come up with the idea of a quilt kit made up from my stash. They used to make quilts without a sewing machine... She seems keen on the idea - she likes blue. I think I'll blog about it, too. Thanks for the spark of creative genius. If she doesn't make it to quilt she might make it to placemats. It's a new wifey thing to do, right?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't even rain here today. Just a gloomy day. Love your place mats! Great idea for leftover blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now I know why I often get stuck with finishing a project. Thanks for enlightenment me ;)! Your place mats are lovely and perfect for every day use as they probably won't show every little stain. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our placemats are lovely - what a great way to use those leftover blocks! The machine finished binding looks very tidy. Have fun quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat placemats! Love the pattern and colour.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.